Denervation Atrophy Treatment
Is there any 'treatment' for my diagnosis of Denervation Atrophy?
Hi!
Oh! Yes! While there may be no complete cure for this, it can be treated such that you continue to use your muscle. The cause of denervation or break in nerve supply has to be found—whether it is a central nervous disease or peripheral nerve disease as in pinched nerve. The degree of nerve involvement has to be found. If there is complete denervation, then rehabilitation may not be so successful. However, if there is incomplete denervation, then proper physiotherapy and massage therapy can help improve muscle strength and use. Please discuss with your doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
The doctor is spot on in telling you the "key" is to find out the degree of of the nerve damage. Knowing this will determine what medications might help the problem, what procedures can be tried, etc. I think one of the main tests the doctor uses to determine this is an EMG. Some nerve damage is difficult to treat (like the type I have of course!), and others are very "treatable". I wish you the best of luck with this. Take care,
                                                       shinty