Diaphagm pain
My husband has terrible diaphragm pain. It could last for up to 5 hours. What would help his pain?
hello Numbers,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your husband's pain. Diaphragm pain should not be ignored...nor should any other pain. Are you certain it is the diaphragm or could it possibly be from another source?

Your diaphragm is the major muscle of respiration. It's very important and separates the two major cavities, your thoracic and abdominal cavities. What testing has he had, if any?

One of the more common conditions that can cause diaphragm pain is a hiatus hernia. There are several types and again it is important to determine which type is effecting the diaphragm.

Does anything make his pain worse? What makes it better?

I encourage you to get your husband consult his PCP. His pain should be clinically evaluated. It's possible there is an easy solution to his problem...but at any rate he needs to know what he has before treatment can begin. It may not be his diaphragm.

I hope you'll let us know how he is doing.

Take Care,
~Tuck