Dilaudid vs. Norco ?
My doctor decided to switch me from 2 10/325 norco 6x per day to one 8mg dilaudid 4 times per day.  I am not sure how much stronger the dilaudid is from the dose or norco I was taking, and I do not understand those narcotic equivalancy calculators.  Can someone with experience please help me understand how much stronger this medication is?  The only other medication I take is xanax .5 twice daily.
about 100 x stonger.
I am surprised that you were taking twelve Norco's per day. That is really too much Tylenol and can damage your liver over time. This is why the doctor changed your medication I am assuming. The dilaudid is a stronger medication definitely but with the amount of Norco you were on I think you should be fine as far as the medication being equivalent, it is stronger but I also assume that the twelve Norco just wasn't helping the pain either. So you should do well on this dose.
I am sure Tuckamore will post and she will be able to tell you the equivalency of the meds and how they compare in equivalency.
Pleas let us know how your doing:)
is 4 mg of Hydromorphone  equivalent to 30 mg of hydrocodone