Pain Management Community
Discharged From Pain Clinic! NEED HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Discharged From Pain Clinic! NEED HELP!

I have been going to a pain clinic for exactly 2 years. I have never been to any other pain clinic. I have always had the correct pill counts, Drug Screens, Etc. In october the pa who works for the doctor at my pain clinic said my drug screen come back with negative Zanax, which i told her was impossible, then she says its been negative 2 times. (their drug tests are every three months) so it would make it that my drug test for zanax was negative since mar of 2012) so she says that she will give me another drug test and if they are not in there she will have to discharge me. I said fine, because I know they should be there, so i go to the doctor last week and i see the Doctor and he schedules me for shots, and then starts screaming why is there not zanax in your system, I say i have took it i don't understand. he says you are not getting anymore zanax so i say, "fine." the next thing he starts saying what did you do with your zanax, i told him i took it and he said you couldn't have, if you tell me the truth i want dicharge you. I said i am telling  your the truth, he writes my meds, except for the nerve med. and discharges me. So i get a dismiss letter today and he includes the drug test which say positvie for hydro aprozalam but neg for aprozalam.  and at the bottom of the letter it says he forward the letter to my primary and the state general or something like that. I went and seen my primary and she says that it says that zanax is in my system, that he has sent this letter to the state that will look negative on me, and that i need to go over there and get him to fix it. What should i do,  WHY would he send a letter saying that i have a inconsitancy in my drug screen (zanax) will i be able to get into a legitamate pain clinic. I am so upset, he gave me medicine so that in his words (will hold you over unitll you find a new pain clininc) but i feel that he has blackballed me! I please give me some advice. Thank You!
im sorry it says the letter was forwarded to the ofice of Inspector state general, the letter says that there is inconsistencies with my zanax, it says positive with hydro alprolazam and neg for alprozalam.  I don't understand these results.
Im confused for you cause hydro is vicodin & alprolazam is Xanax. Their is no such thing as hydro alprolazam together its 2 separate things. Alprazolam By it self is Xanax but you have it as positive for the Hydro Alprolazam( which is 2 different meds in one word like it said before) & neg for the alprozalam by it self so im not getting it either,it looks 2 me as you got vicodin (hydro) & Xanax (alprolazam) in your system.What does it say on the letter in the doctors words for the test? I am so sorry i wish i could help i so get what ur going through and i hope all gets worked out!!! But what you said was confusing....good luck!!
Okay, i got a urine drug screen done every three months in oct they said that there had been no xanx in my system for two drug tests that would be since last march, so they did another one in october. when i went to the doctor in novemeber the doctor starts screaming at me saying there is not xanax in my system, (what are you doing with the xanax) he discharged me. I am stunned because i take the medicine, Its supposed to be two times a day but i only take it one time right before i go to bed. it is 0.05 strengh generic from walgreens.
the letter says i got dismissed because of
(your urine drgu screen shows inconsitencies with the narcotics we prescribe for you xanax)
then they also gave me the drug test
which says this
Benzodiazepines
Alpha hydroxy alprazolam (positive)80ng/ml           116 ng/ml
Alprazolam                         (negitve)80ng/ml

and the second one is highlighted, I don't understand I swear i took my
medicine every night,
You did not take as he directed that's why your directions .05 bid you admit you only took one so at approx 3 hr half life you  would have x amount of parent drug (xanex) and x (amount) alpha hydroxy which your body converts into you took 1 at night so approx 0 ng of Xanax at approx 15 hrs after dose and so on..why didn't you tell him it was 2much and could we try 1x per day? So in his logic you had breeched contract and got an extra 90 pills (hoarding they see as diversion and hording is huge no no I'm sure it's on the contract you signed you breeched so discharge. Please take as directed or discuss and change treatment things like this make it very hard for the rest of us. I totally understand why you got booted....Sure it was innocent mistake but 90 extra pills?