Doctors and Pain medication?
Hi. A few years back I was diagnosed with cancer in my lymph nodes. The lymph nodes that were swollen we're more towards my back and stomach. Thank God that I am well now but one effect that stuck with me was horrible back pain. This has been bothering me for all most a full year now and just now I'm going to my doctor because this pain is interfering with my daily life. I can't sleep, sit, or stand still for long periods of time. I went to my doctors in hopes of getting Pain meds like Percocet or Vicodin. They denied me because I was 17 years old. They don't have to say anything but I know that they don't trust me with it and I completely understand because I am a teen. The thing is I DONT want to abuse these meds I want relief. I've taken narcotics before when I had cancer and I know they help. I get woozy but not 'high' like others describe it. I'm going to a pain doctor tomorrow and I'm curious, will he precribe it to me? He precribes my father pain meds for discs but idk right now?
They may want to get some tests on your back.  They may give you narcotics but the best pain physicians use more than pills to treat you.  Is there anything that helps with the pain, like heat, ice, ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen and such tends to give me stomach pain and I've been On ibuprofen for years. Heat helps but just for the 30 sex or so the heat is applied. Other than that nothing.
Sec* iPod auto correct sorry
If you're taking ibuprofen regularly, you need something like Prilosec to protect your stomach.  I messed up my stomach because I was taking high   doses of ibuprofen but thought I was ok but it can really do a job on your stomach.  Sometimes we have to piece together many things to get some pain relief.  I use prescription gel, patches, ibuprofen, nortriptyline, & some narcotics.
I agree with MaryCarmel...doctors usually reserve the narcotic pain meds as the last tier of treatment for a variety of reasons....the main factor being your age...they usually are hesitant to use medications as " the fix" when at your age you would respond nicely to all the other available options, Especially they throw up the flag when you yourself request the types oc meds you want to take. The goid newd is you are going to see a pain specialist they will make the best decisions regarding your pain. Keep your chin up you will be in the best hands possible for the issues your dealt good luck