Does fentanyl need fat to be absorbed threw skin
I used to put patches on my shoulders an it was ok, now since I've lost some weight it seems patches will only work when I put them on sides of my chest even when I put them I front of chest it doesn't work and also why can't you overlap where you put last patch like take one off and put new one in same place cause when I do it works very well for pain,and I definitely start feeling withdrawal from fentanyal when I put them anywhere but my sides I'm assuming my core temperature is hotter there than arms or shoulders and I also feel alot better if I change them daily verses every two days.which makes no sence at all since it take 24 hours to build up in system but since insurance company usually demands prior orthorization every six months, and this time they ok prio oth. For six years I don't want to take a chance to ask for a higher dose and I definitely need it. this ***** but any one noticing that Patches work better on sides of chest other than outer body and does anyone overlap patches in same spot an anyone change daily thanks?Also it says in pamphlet that u might encounter slow urination or not being able to empty bladder completly and alway feeling like I have to urinate! Anyone else please I sleep threw the night but I get all those symptoms I've been on this med. for fifteen years so getting of will suck :(:(:(:(:(:(
This is an addiction forum where people are trying to come off drugs.  You need to talk with your doctor about the questions you have,  If you are wanting to get off them we are more than happy to help.
There's also the pain management forum.  It's not as active as this but you might find info  there on the patch.  I'll just mention that this is very, very strong, & should only be taken the way your physician tells you.