Pain Management Community
Does opana show uo as oxy and morphine on a 12 panel urinalysis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I had my left leg amputated in the U.S. Navy several years ago, and I am prescribed Opana ER and Oxy imediate release. I had to stay the night at a buddy's house because my leg was recently infected bad and felt to bad to drive home. I didn't have my meds and my friend gave me 2 morphine 15 mg tabs a day before my urinalysis which I think is a 12 panel they mail out. Will that show up differently than the Opana ER and oxys that I am currently on? I'm worried about it showing up different from the opana. I was out of opana but took the 2 15mg morphine tabs and my regular prescribed oxy's the day before my urinalysis. Do you think I'll be O.K.? Thank you very much for your time...
Unfortunately, the morphine is going to show up as it's a different medicine from OpanaER and OxyIR.

If you have signed a PM contract with your Dr. this could potentially get you dismissed from their practice, as well as have a 'red flag' so to speak on your medical records that show that you misused your medication and took unprescribed medication.

Just beware that it's actually a felony to take someone else's Schedule 2 narcotics as well as for the person who let you take them.

The only way that you won't get caught is if the urinalysis is not sophisticated enough to pick this up. The one's that my Dr. uses which are also sent out are very detailed as they use mass spectrometry and gas chromatography. This shows the exact levels of medication in the urine as well as what type it is. For example, they can tell if someone takes even one extra pill the previous day.

I know it's too late but I would have advised coming clean before the test and letting your Dr. know as now it looks like you are hiding it.

I'm not trying to be mean...I am just trying to provide information on what could possibly happen and how not only dangerous this is (possible drug interactions or allergic reaction to medication not prescribed), but how even this one time could mess up to where you may be dismissed from the practice without any medication and not be prescribed opiates in the future.

I truly hope that maybe this one time it works out for you. If it does show up, I would suggest throwing yourself on the mercy of the Dr. and letting them know the story and that you promise to never do something like this again..

I do wish you well. I come from a long line and family of service men/women so thank you for yours!