Effexor and Marijuana?
I am suffering from depression and anxiety. I recently saw my psychiatrist, and he prescribed Effexor (37.5mg a week until I get to 150mg) to treat these conditions. I have been smoking marijuana regularly (daily) for about 5 years now, and it helps me with my lower back pain that I get from an injury that left me with 4 herniated discs, on top of helping with my depression. Obviously it is not helping enough with the depression to be enough, which is why I went to see my psychiatrist. My main concern is with the interaction that taking the Effexor could have with the marijuana. I am willing to stop smoking if the interaction is bad, but that would pretty much force me to start taking 800mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day for my back pain, and I honestly don't know which one would be worse. I do not smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol AT ALL.
First off, they both mess with serotonin in you brain. And weed makes you depressed, so your Effexor will have major side effects. Tell your doctor you want proproxiphine (darvecet) for your back pain and you wont need the marijuana anymore. That should fix your problems.
There are also  new non-narcotic pain killers out there that work wonderfully