Elavil for neuropathy?
Hiya, my doctor put me on some Elavil for my neuropathy but I NEVER heard of this before, nor has anyone else I have encountered.  Just wondering if anyone has heard of this and what their outcome was.  Please and thank you!  Sheila
There are several PM doctors who believe Elavil is a good choice for pain management. I was prescibed it for fibromyalgia and did take it for awhile and it does help. You need to be very careful though as it will make you very drowsy until your body becomes accustomed to it. I would try it and see how it works for you. As we all know what works for one may not work for another.
Give it atleast a month to get the full benefit and if it is not helping then discuss other alternatives with your doctor.
Keep us posted on how your doing and I hope it does work well for you:)
I for got to add that Elavil will definitely cause you to have a vicious sweet tooth. it will make you gain weight as a result so be careful when you do take it to keep some sugar free snacks and goodies around:)
Thanks for the information and I will let you know how it turns out, its been about 2 weeks now on it. Thanks again! Sheila
Yes, please od keep us posted. Also let us know if you have anymore questions or just want to talk or even vent. We all do at one time or another need to vent our frustrations:)