Embeda, Kadian, what next?
Recently, Embeda was removed from the market and my doctor replaced it with Kadian.  I do not find Kadian to be as helpful with my chronic back pain and it costs $40.00 per month even with Blue Cross help.  Does anyone have any recommendations of what might be on the market that would be affordable and effective?  Thanks.
Dear nickjackson,
Embeda and Kadian are the same drug.  The only other comparable drug is MS contin.  I will tell you (in case you aren't aware) that Kadian does provide copay cards that can be used for 1 year.  If you don't have one, contact your doctor and see if he has any.  You also might try looking on their website to see if it is available.
Thanks for the tip.  I've been alternating the Embeda and Kadian, thinking they were different drugs.  Now I'll just use the Kadian until I see the doctor again.  
A friend of mine used MS contin and he said it really caused problems with his memory.  What do you think?
nickjackson,
I've never heard of memory problems with MS Contin.  It is generally the same base compound as Kadian and Embeda.  It's all Morphine based.  
i agree with you, although, some may say they are the same drug, when i talked to my p/m dr.that i thought the embeda worked better for my chronic pain,, she said many people taking the embeda and were switched to kadian, said the same thing...the embeda helped them out so much better!.