Pain Management Community
Embeda, Kadian, what next?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Embeda, Kadian, what next?

Recently, Embeda was removed from the market and my doctor replaced it with Kadian.  I do not find Kadian to be as helpful with my chronic back pain and it costs $40.00 per month even with Blue Cross help.  Does anyone have any recommendations of what might be on the market that would be affordable and effective?  Thanks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Dear nickjackson,
Embeda and Kadian are the same drug.  The only other comparable drug is MS contin.  I will tell you (in case you aren't aware) that Kadian does provide copay cards that can be used for 1 year.  If you don't have one, contact your doctor and see if he has any.  You also might try looking on their website to see if it is available.
Blank
687729_tn?1397996327
Thanks for the tip.  I've been alternating the Embeda and Kadian, thinking they were different drugs.  Now I'll just use the Kadian until I see the doctor again.  
A friend of mine used MS contin and he said it really caused problems with his memory.  What do you think?
Blank
nickjackson,
I've never heard of memory problems with MS Contin.  It is generally the same base compound as Kadian and Embeda.  It's all Morphine based.  
Blank
i agree with you, although, some may say they are the same drug, when i talked to my p/m dr.that i thought the embeda worked better for my chronic pain,, she said many people taking the embeda and were switched to kadian, said the same thing...the embeda helped them out so much better!.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...