Pain Management Community
Epidural steriod shots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Epidural steriod shots

I just had my 1st in a series of 2 shots done on Wednesday of this week.  The shot was placed between c5 and c6.  The tingling in my arm is gone completely..(originally diagnosed as carpal tunnel) as well as the numbness.  However, the pain under my right shoulder blade is still very strong.  The doctor gave me Darvocet for pain, as I cannot take hydrocodone.  Has anyone out there had these shots and been successful with them?
I always have pain on the oppisite side of the injections. they are great for awhile and then they stop working, And don't get more than 3 a year they will eay your bones away. my neighbor had to have rods put in his neck and back where the shots had eaten away the bone . Is darvacet helping i can't imagine it is?
I have had epidural shots in my lower back. It did last for almost 6 months. I am scheduled to have another shot in two weeks. My pain management dr said that I could have 3 shots,  every year. I hope this shot works.

Barb
Avatar n tn
I had the shots in my lower back for spinal stenosis...only the first shot had marginal results..the second had none....than I had one shot in my neck for the stenosis as well and it had no affect.  I was diagnosed with carporal too but when I have disc replacement in my neck the carporal went away without carporal surgery..

the shots sometimes work and sometimes don't
Avatar n tn
please advise how u do i have same problem..taking the shot today 4th & 5th lower pine..good luck to u