Pain Management Community
Extreme Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extreme Pain

I was involved in a fatal car accident in 1983. I was asleep and a passenger in the car and I woke up in the car after the accident, the accident was horrific and I have night mares and flash backs. Both my femurs where shattered one was compound and came out of leg and went through muscle, it has left me with a hernia and I cannot feel side of legs due to scar tissue. Also my right fibula tib was shattered. Altogether I had 37 Screws and 3 plates in my legs. I have had most of the metal removed but some of the screws where left in the right femur 5 screws and one in left, as surgeon could not remove them, so the screw shafts are still in legs.  I was 17 when this happened and am now 44.  In the last five years I have experienced total stiffness in legs. Shooting pains (like toothache down my legs and a nagging aching pain which gets me frustrated) Sometimes I find it hard to walk as my legs stiffen up, it comes and goes but I have a nagging aching in my leg that has never been there before.  My orthopaedic surgeon says I have osteo arthritis, another one said he is not sure where pain comes from? And my surgeon in london in 1985 after my second operation said when I get older I would have problems due to the high impact of the trauma.  I take gabbapentin when pain gets worse and other pain killers but I try and leave them alone. Becuase I have PTSD and bi polar depression.  Can anyone advise me what is happening here.