Extreme Shin Pain Intermittent
I woke up this morning after 3 hours of sleep to a sharp pain in my shin. I readjusted my position and dozed back off only to be reawakened again a few moments later by the same pain. I am a 25 year old male.

It's a sharp pain in my shin that happens for only about a second or two but occurrs every 30-50 seconds or so. It almost feels like I'm banging my shin against a sharp surface very hard. I tried searching around on my shin to find the spot that hurts but nothing seems tender to the touch, even when the pain occurs its hard to pick out exactly where it is as there's no other way to aggravate the pain. It feels like its coming from the front though, almost on the inside bone. I can walk fine, stand fine, everything is normal but the pain that comes every few seconds which is extreeeemely painful. I haven't done any strenuous exercise recently or damaged it in any way.

Also I noticed that the inside of my foot on the same leg just below my ankle bone is swollen. There is no discoloration, but putting my feet side by side i can see a slight difference, and the muscle in that area seems to be soar when I massage it. Could this somehow relate to the shin pain or is it just a coincidence, or maybe even something I'm imagining since pressing there doesn't seem to change the shin pain.

I've been up since early morning trying to relieve the pain with no luck. I've tried ice, heat, tried taking some Aleve and nothing has had any effect what so ever. Figures this happens on a saturday when the doctors are all closed. If anyone has any idea what this could be or how I can relieve the pain at least so I can get some sleep until I can see a doctor please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.