Pain Management Community
Failed False Negative UA what are my options?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Okay I explained a bit of my problem in a previous post but have been doing a lot of research and understand a bit more now so my question is.... If you have a (what I KNOW to be impossible) false positive Urine test what are your options? I KNOW I took my meds the day before however I was told to be fasting for bloodwork and since I have to eat something with the Vicodin and muscle relaxant I take at bedtime I skipped this dose the night before. I also did not take any of my vitamins, tramadol or Advil the next morning for the same reason since I was told to ingest nothing. I told the doctor this but now get the feeling they didn't listen. I was in fact so dehydrated by time the got around to taking blood they had a hard time getting any and getting enough urine for a sample wasn't easy either. Needless to say I was hurting real bad by this time but took nothing as directed until after my appt. I have now been told I cannot get ANY pain meds from this doctor since she says the test showed I had none in my system. How this is possible I do not know since except for fasting as ordered I've been taking the pain meds for years. I was worried it would come back I was taking too much since I had a bad episode the week before not come back that I am taking NOTHING. Now I know you all don't know me same as the doctor since I just moved to the area but I am being 100% honest. I feel like a criminal and after doing some reading here am wondering if I will ever be able to find a doctor to manage my pain NOW? Will I be red flagged and refused treatment because of one test I know in my soul is wrong. Doctor refused to even discuss it and left the room and got the practice office manager who basically told me I had no recourse and to leave. On top of all this I am on Cobra coverage and lose my insurance the end of the month so I don't have time to establish a relationship with a new doctor even if I could get an appt. I've already been refused coverage with other health insurance companies because of my back surgeries so will have no insurance in just a few weeks. Will this failed test also mean I can't get into the Pre-existing condition pool in my state in 6 months? I have to wait that long before even trying to apply but now am wondering if this test will prevent me from even getting that. I have read on here that others have had a false negative so am hoping maybe someone can give me some pointers on what to do and how to go about proving I am not a criminal or liar.