False negative drug screen
I am taking a low dose of Percocet 5-325 3x's a day, for chronic back and neck pain from a MVA. The problem is that even though I take it the way I should, I have had 2 negative drug screens.  What can cause this. Please help.

colleen1212
i try not to take alot take em as needed i did
lets find a dr advocate demand a retest   if i find somethen that will help us ill let you all know
good lookin out    but theres nothing i can do about it  unless u all will call my dr for me lol
dilaudids wont show as a opiate.   not on a stick **** test thing caz there opiods.   done it many times never tested positive
do drugs undetected if ur worried bout.. it suboxone dont show also
I have been in a Suboxone program since may of 2012, In June my Doctor gave me Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice a day, For my anxiety! In July 2012 he upped my dose to 1 mg twice a day, because it wasn't working well for me. In August everything stayed the same & then This month September  i went into see him & he acted as if everything was okay, but once i went to get my medication's my dose for my Clonazepam was lower back to 0.5 mg twice a day. I & the pharmacy thought he messed up. The pharmacy told me to double my dose & call Monday to let my doctor know. That in 2 weeks when i run out of my medication he will right out for more, to get me though the month. I did call that next Monday & told them what had happened. The next day they called to tell me that they are keeping me at this dose because it had not been showing up in my drug screen. I told them thats bull because i take it every single day. Then i called to speak w/ my Doctor's nurse to tell her what another person in their office had called & told me. Once i finally got a hold of her after 5 hours of her not taking my phone calls', she then told me yes we are taking you off because it hasn't shown up since you were put on it. I tried to speak w/ her & tell her that i do take it & that is impossible. But she had got rude w/ me & hung up. So after i had gotten off the phone w/ her, i called my doctor's office again & asked to speak w/ someone about getting all my drug screen test since i had been there. The next day i went in & picked it up, the only thing on that paper work showed that i was tested for my suboxone & it showed up. It did not show what i was tested for, what showed up as negative or positive. Just that i was taking my suboxone's...i then asked to speak w/ another nurse who could explain all of the results to me. Once i did speak w/ this nurse she took it into her own hands to go back & talk to my doctor to see if i could still see him for the suboxone program & se another doctor for my anxiety medication. When she got back to me, she told me that my doctor had said that since it has not shown up at all in my drug screen, it was agents the Suboxone program and i was no longer in his program no more.  For something i didnt even do! I then even asked for him to refer me to get blood work done that it would show up in that test. He told me no that if i wanted to get that done, i'd have to do it on my own. That they do not refer someone for personal reason's! Which it isn't a personal reason at all! It is to show that i have been taking my medication like i was suppose to & they messed up. So, my question to you would be what could cause someone who take's Suboxone 12mg a day & Clonazepam 1 mg twice a day, to not have the clonazepam to show up in a urine drug screen?? What can interact w/ that medication for it not to show up. I have asked everyone at my doctor's office what & they say me not taking it. BUT I DO TAKE IT, That;s the whole point!!! I don't understand & i dont know why they are doing this to me....if anyone reads this please give me some answer's..Thank ~Martina  
I am being terminated from my primary care dr bc in my tox screen my xanax 0.5 mg did not show up at all not a trace. my dr gave me permission years ago to break em in half or a little less than half per dose 3 times per day,or i would be sleeping all the time with whole ones. I have panic attacks and aniexty vey bad. I cannot go without them. I even took my bottle to appt I made to show my dr the xanax in the bottle and broken ones. My pain meds mscontin 100 mg showed up and msir 30 mg no problems and in WNY there is no pain mgmt to go to that will write your meds. on my drugscan paper it says Alpazolam outcome inconsistant and reported valu negative and comment prescribed drug not dectected.My 29 yr old daughter even said" Mom I watch you take your xanax 3 times per day" I have never failed one tox screen till now. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but our engine went and I could not get to my normal small chain independantly owned pharmacy and I had to get a ride to Walgreens.Is there a differnce in the maker? I was not taking any of Walgreens brand for any of my other tox screens and all was fine But no trace at all? From what I read even if you stop taking Xanax it can show up for 30 to 60 days.that isnt the case I need to take mine everyday 3 times a day.. Is there ever a faulty drug test cup? I am at my wits end bc try telling your dr's nurse you take it everyday 3 times a day and falls on deaf ears. most people are worried it will show up, mine should of showed up and didn't,I just recieved my Nexium from astra zeneca and I happened to read the paperwork that came with it and it says Nexium 40 mg can cause false positives in lab tests.Can that e what happened  and how would that cause it to happen? I never noticed that before.. All I know my meds control my pain to a tolerable level and my xanax keeps my panic attacks from getting to severe.. Help I need some answers... Thank You
i've been taking lorecet  and percocet for about 10 years now for back surgery that was unsucessable i take my medicines daily i was drug screened last month by blood test and it came back negative for both i also take trammadol it came back positive for it. what would have caused my negative screening when i'm 100% positive i took them.
Could you send this article to me could not find it.

Make sure what your taking is what your taking! Check the pills identification number and letters and see if it is indeed the medication your supposed to be taking. Someone may have switched your medicine with something different, or a mistake has been made altogether at the pharmacy. Also purchase your own urine test kit, and have it ready and unopened at all future appointments for the chance to "prove' your on the correct medications as prescribed.
                   GOOD LUCK,
                                   Shinty
I have been on PM For over 6 years now. I Take Percocet-kadian everyday.my pm phones me yesterday and tells me that my random drug screen showed I Was taking lortab along with my percocet-kadian..? I Told the NP That I Dont Have a script for lortab..The NP Tells me that The Test Doesnt Lie..? I Am Perplexed How This could Happen..? I Dont Know if This pm is gona Throw me out or what..?This same PM Was writing me xanax a couple of years ago and tested me and said I Wasnt taking the xanax..?I Dont understand this..?I Think this is some kind of conspiracy. These Drs Pick and choose..? I Had Heart By-pass last year and about 2 weeks before I Had a Spinal Cord Stimulator Installed. The heart Dr Told me that I Had A-Fib and Not to use This Device until this A-fib was over. So' I Had an ablation Procedure and this helped the A-Fib..Meanwhile..the company that Makes these Spinal-cord Stimulators sends me a certified letter stating that their device is faulty and causing burns to patients backs where the recharge site is..So; I Consulted with my heart Dr and He Tells me that It was up to me if I Want to have another one installed..I Chose to not get another one and I Told my PM Dr. that I Wanted the old one thats faulty Removed..Now The PM Is telling me that I Am testing Positive for more meds that I Dont even have a script for..? This whole mess I Think is Really Bias..?I Have been told by an attorney that these PM Drs make alot of money off of these Spinal-cord devices..? I Get the feeling that I am being Pushed-out because of this delima..Has anyone elese had this Happen..?
Went to my monthly visit yesterday and for the first time my urine test came up negative for any and all of my meds. HOW COULD THAT BE? I am taking benzos and opiates for a broken pack and discinegratong discs and anxziety and this was the first time with this doctor I ever was tested and nothing showed up. I've been on these meds, for a long time with a different doctor and was tested every month and never had a problem with the results. I'm at a loss I cant understand and don't know what to do he did retest my urine which should show every medicine I'm on in my system but so should've the other one any advice on what I could do to prove to my doctor that his lab is doing something wrong, or to prove in some otherway that I am taking my meds as prescribed? TOTALLY BAFFLED.
As you can see frrom the previous comments, you are not alone in this.  However, this is a very old post and you should post your question as a new question.  That way you'll get better responses.
I am on pain management and have been found non compliant and cut off , ive been asked to take a blood test of some kind to determine if im metabolizing my meds .This test is going to cost me greatly and dont know if I will positively be prescribed anymore after the test .Should I pay and take it or find another doctor ?
I have had the same problem, but with adderol. I have taken multiple urine tests, blood tests. I take them every day as prescribed! I told them I could come up there once a week and they could count my pills, or whatever. I didn't want them thinking I was selling them and cut me off.  They had me take one in front of the doc, then sat there for a couple hours, took another test, and it came back negative!!   A friend of mine who is a foreman on a construction job had some company drug tests in his work truck because he is required to do random on site drug testing periodically. He couldn't believe what was going on with me and gave me one of his tests just to see. It was a drug test that you hold in your mouth for 2 minutes. The results were positive! I couldn't believe this cheapo test could detect something a blood test wouldn't. I took an unopened one to my doc and he watched me take it and saw that it was positive. He was satisfied with the result.  I don't know if this helps, but you could always ask for a saliva test, or get one of those home tests and see if it shows. Its crazy to think there are folks out here wishing for a positive drug test! so crazy.  If I was on probation and wanted it to be false, id probly show positive for 1 pill from a week ago after drinking gallons of water. Murphy's law I guess. Wouldn't it be a shame to get caught trying to sneak in dirty urine....haha  Good luck
I am going through the same thong right now! I a RN as well and it truly pissed me off when they suggested I might sell or give away my meds, really! I can walk or moved in the moring without my medication. I hurt so back I have to go  to the ED and its just temporary which doesn't help. I dont know what to do they wont even let me see my doctor face to face anymore and its the only one to see with my insurance. Im truly at a loss so I understand your pain.
Just read your post....I'm going through the same song and dance from my physicians office as others have noted above. I have been accused of not taking my pain meds from the pain management group I've been going to for 10 years. They claim 3 test have come back neg for the narcotics in m system. I swear on everything holy that I take them as prescribed. I was wondering, did you get the blood work done to see if your body is metabolizing the drugs? If so, what was the outcome?
Just read your post....I'm going through the same song and dance from my physicians office as others have noted above. I have been accused of not taking my pain meds from the pain management group I've been going to for 10 years. They claim 3 test have come back neg for the narcotics in my system. Just wondering the outcome of your situation....
I just wanted to let you guys know that I had a gastric bypass in 2003 and if I have not taken a medication pretty much the same day I take a urine test, it wont show up so I have been told by my primary doctor to have the take a blood test or use the patches on me.  I hope this helps, not sure if any of  you have had a gastric bypass, but this could be one reason.  :)
I'm dealing w/the same issue right now. I've been on opiate meds for yrs now for sickle cell.  Never really had a problem w/getting my meds until 03/27/2014 (thursday).  My VA doctor sent me to have a urine/drug test, and to my surprise it somehow came bake negative.  I told the nurse that y wife sees me take my percocet (and other meds) everyday! My VA doctor said that she didn't feel comfortable prescribing my oxycodone 5mg/325mg (generic percocet) anymore because of the results of my test.  My wife recommended to the nurse/doctor that they do a blood test instead of a urine test.  And so, I did a blood test on 03/28/2014 (friday), and i'll get the results today/monday (03/31/2014).  I hate being faslely accused too, and so, I understand how each of you feel.  We all need to discuss this matter w/our congresssional leaders (congressmen/women & senators).  
I have been taking pain meds since 1988, was in a car accident and crushed both feet. Been on morphine patches, Percocet, u name it. In 2001 I had a morphine pump installed, my pain was managed very well only took percocets as needed for break through pain. Last year my pump failed and need replaced then I got an infection they had to remove the pump. I was told to wait a year and I could have it back in the mean time they gave me oral morphine and diladid. I take them around the clock, I was asked to take a drug test for the first time in over 20 year. Of course I said I had nothing to hide I was taking my meds, well of course it came back negative took another one same thing. Now my dr won't give me back my pump that helped me out very good. Dr said I wasn't taking my meds so he wasn't putting a new pump in me, why would I ask for the pump if I was selling my meds? When they put the new pump in me and turned it on it would kill me if I wasn't taking the meds. Why would I won't to kill myself? Going through the withdrawals is going to make someone want to kill them self. You have people like us that are glad to take the test to show we have nothing to hide and then there are those in the clinics that him and haul sneak around and have other people take the test for them.  What do we do???
Well 250 mg of Oxycontin is quite a bit, I mean that would have to be 80 mg 3x daily or 60 mgs 4x daily which both only come out to 240 mg. Maybe you rounded up but my point is you would have to have a certain amount in your urine if you take them say every 8 hours or every 6 hours depending on what strength you take. I guess it would have to be consistent levels in your urine if taking as prescribed. I also have been on pain management for over 3 years in which I take Oxycontin and Norco that totals 120 mgs a day of narcotics.

I don't get why I see some reviews on here saying they don't take them when they have to drive, because If taken daily for a extended period then usually they shouldn't effect your ability to drive, as you are used to them and the euphoria they may have given in the beginning would reside over time. I've never felt drugged up where I couldn't drive, they help with pain and that's it.  

I know everyone is different but my point of this long reply is the "DR" is maybe thinking the same thing. He may think you are taking half of what you are prescribed if you simply miss a dose or won't take anything when you have to drive, which he probably thinks is more than just when you go to see him. Just an outside neutral view of course.
YES MINE WAS LABCORP TOO. FOR OXYCODONE..:(
Erroneously, fired by doctor Louis Palermo Pain manager in Clearwater Fl.He is retiring and is now pt. dumping. Uses Ameritox Labs that destroys life. I was on Fentanyl patch 75mcg every 72 hours and oxycodone 15mg, hard enough to get filled, needless to say my uds showed up neg. for any meds so his office manager tells me. I got the results, the doc office refused to write or ask me what meds I have been taking besides rx, ie; OTC meds and most important 3 months in a row I complained of a drastic wght. loss, from 147 down to 97lbs. last check. The only thing Dr. Palermo had to say was that it looks good, maybe it will help your back pain. Geeze, Ty for following your hippocratic oath, and splitting your personality.  Obviously, I called the top toxicologist at Ameritox, before I found out what they claimed their drug monitoring was literally false admitted in lawsuit. The tox. is a female and she was very nice, I explained everything in detail and she told me she could re test for free now that she had my info, she would have to call the doctor for his approval and I was to return her call on Fri. at that time if Dr. Palermo would approve this we would discuss my meds and disease state and she would get it straightened out, I told her Dr. Palermo will not reply, I have tried everything to get this man to face me, return a call, anything? She said sounds like u need a new doctor! Really, his last day is June 20th of this year. I left off w/I wld call her back as we discussed.  After, painfully sitting for hours, I found so much negative press, lawsuits,kickbacks to doctors and worse yet dozens and dozens of patients with the same complaints as mine.  I asked my doctor the second they handed me a list of doctors that was their idea of a seamless transition, I started panic. I have lived here my whole life, I know some of the docs on the list that the pharmacy will not fill prescriptions for the others I know won't rx what I had. I have been burned bad and my name is now soiled b/c Dr. Palermo does not write down any new complaints unless it is a money maker, ie; ESI's,pain pumps blah blah. I was fired over the phone May 4, 2015, I called b/c the pharmacy only had 5 of the 10 patches I was prescribed, I told the doctor it happens all the time I have had to go w/o patch several times due to pharm game playing.
I was told by mylan patch manuf. you have to titrate down or I could die of a critical underdose especially if I run out of oxycodone, let me tell you, all I want is some pain relief and the right to the 4-6 hours a day where I could function, now I have no hours a day on my feet my pain is awful and panic along with rapid withdrawal is causing a major malfunction in my life. Any help w/a good honest pm and an attorney, I have the truth and I am sure many of his patients, the ones he hasn't dumped will run into the same problems. They are even denying me of all my records! It is not about $ on my side it is all about $ for the doc and lab. Jody Lewonas
Interesting comment -- although I don't have the energy to respond now -- I'd like you to post to a new topic, or perhaps two new topics.

The first about Ameritox -- the #1 UDT company in America.

The second about weaning off fentanyl -- very important, especially if you have other medical problems, like cardiovascular disease.

When I'm feeling better I'll have much more to say about this.
still kicking dug through drawers and found a few patches stuck in the box. they have now run out as well as b.t. meds. If I make it, will do, having severe chest pain, dehydration, massive weight loss, pain on top of pain, calling 911, going to hospital, I did start a complaint DOH, but too weak to fill all the way out, taking records to hospital in case I am stable enough to finish, they will help, if you can prove it and I can. post after stabilized. Sorry  Jodygirl
now i'm worried.  i was researching a new PM doc online when i came across this site.  my current PM doc crossed an emotional boundary with me at my last visit.  usually, i see his physician's assistant, but was shuttled over to the Dr. last week.  he wants to wean me off the pain meds.  he triggered some sort of trauma with me, and i don't want to go back.  but, the new doc i've been referred by my psychiatrist was reported to have cut someone off because of a urine test.  i'm concerned about switching docs.  i'm not a drug seeker.  have been taking all meds just as prescribed for years.  at one point i had a "dirty" test with some med i'd never heard of before.  the PA said it was a pain med, but i definitely did not take it.  they didn't give me hard time as it was the first time there was a so-called problem.  but, after reading all this, i'm concerned about switching docs.  what to do?  what to do?  

i really feel for all of you.  it's outrageous.  even though i know i should take care of myself emotionally by leaving my current PM doc, i'm afraid to switch docs.  don't want to be labeled as "doctor shopping", "seeker", whatever.  they are in complete control over our records, our future.  it's crazy.  

so, my question is about "second opinions".  what's the deal with looking for advice from another doc?  how is this viewed?

thanks.
A good question to ask your doc is why? If a treatment is effective and lowers your pain a few points, allowing you to function, why would you want to wean me off?

Many UDT false negatives and false positives are caused by physician ignorance of opioid metabolism and pharmcokinetics.

A real pain doctor -- one trained in a board certified pain management program -- will know how to interpret a UDT.

Find yourself a doc with the credentials DABPM.
thanks.  do you know what DABPM stands for?  
suddenly "report" with and explanation point showed up next to my post.  what is that about?  
DABPM means diplomate, American Board of Pain Medicine.

That "report" button shows up when you roll over a post. It allows users to report abuse posts, spam, etc.
thanks for your help!
I started on pain management just a few months ago and I have had negative test results every time I have been to the doctor.  He doesn't believe me when I say that I am taking the meds.  I have researched the medicine and there are tons of complaints about it. It's the new Watson 853 white hydrocodone 10/325.  It doesn't work.  It seems like a 5 mg hydro.  Last time I went I took two about 2 hours before I went to the doctor.  I don't get it.

I have SEVERAL health problems and I take a lot of meds: Citalopram, Gabapentin, Zopran, Phenergran, Bentyl, Amitriptiline, Trazadone, Dilantin, Wellbutrin, Topomax, Flonase,Protonix, Lipitor, and Coumadin

If you know that any of these meds are interfering, please advise.  Thank you for your help.

I have recurring Pulmonary Embolisms, Lupus, Migraines, Neuropathy, Spinal Arthritis, and Celiacs
I went to the doctor today and to my surprise I failed a urine test for methadone I can't even take it I will throw up I probably will loose him as a Dr I have been with him for 5years now and I have to wait and see if he'll give me my pain meds wow that is messed up yet he's never seen anything about the real issues I'm having trouble with.. Really...
Hi tnana24 :)  
We're very happy that u found our Pain Management Forum!  However, this post is over 8 yrs old.  If u would go to the top of the page & click on the green "Post a Question" and restate your post then u will get more of a response 2 your question. I look forward 2 seeing your new post. :)

Thanks....... Sherry  :)
Sorry, Sandee1818 is no longer active and will not see your question - which is important to us.

Please begin a new thread as Sherry suggested.

Thanks,
~Tuck
Physicians have to be careful or they can lose their license or ability to prescribe controlled substances.  It doesn't necessarily mean they are picking on you, but a physician does not want to get on the wrong side of the DEA.  After all, it is how they make their living, and you can not look at it from just your standpoint.
This is a very old thread. Are you addressing your comment to a specific person. The originator of this thread and many of the initial posters are no longer active.

We all realize the issues that physicians face with the DEA breathing down their necks and monitoring their opiate prescriptions. That said many are overly cautions and under-treat chronic pain patients.

If qualified physicians practice due diligence - including monitoring and documenting their patients conditions and prescriptions - the DEA has no grounds for charging medical practitioners with infractions. It's when practitioners get sloppy that they have reason for concern.  

It's much easier for a physician to not RX opiates or under-treat the true chronic pain patients. That's a sad fact.

~Tuck
What kinds of lawsuits were filed and what kind of an attorney would you consult for this kind of situation? I am in the same situation, I tested clean and they accused me of using some one elses urine.  I am not near on the dosages as some of the other people but do take my medicine as prescribed.  I had 5 surgeries in 3 days for blood clots and a renal stent and was sent to pain management clinic by the surgeon, no problem for 16 months now this all at once.  I don't know what kind of lawyer to get. Office manager has lied to me more than once.There has to be something to hide or she would not have had to lie.  The Dr. has made himself disappear completely and has not or will not approach me about this.  
I have stage 3 kidney disease and I also have to take fluid pills (lasix) which washes my body of potassium magnesium and minerals and I think this may have something to do with it and I have been told that your liver can have a bearing on this because of the way your body metabolizes medication.   I also read on here that someone was going to take a lie detector test and would like to know what the out come was and if it was acceptable by the Dr.  I am in North Carolina and am dealing with Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem and their Pain Medicine Clinic.
Hell Tim,

I almost missed your post. This thread is very old, 2008 I believe. I encourage you to begin a new thread - it will get more visibility and responses.

JodyLew has disappeared too. I've reached out to her several times with no response. If you want to chat just with her try leaving a note on her Profile Page. If she has selected to be notified when she gets a note or message she may respond.

A few weeks back I read a post from someone that had retained legal counsel for a similar situation with a nasty PMP. That "post" is buried in an old thread similar to this one. It will be difficult to locate. I can go back through my posts and see if I can locate it. If you request me to do so.

What type of attorney should you retain? I would begin with a medical malpractice attorney. If that's that's the wrong specialty the attorney should point you in the right direction.

I encourage you to begin a new thread. Click on the "Post a Question" bar on the right hand upper portion of the beginning of this thread. Select an appropriate title - members and possibly prospective members searching for the same information - or trying to help - may find you. It's the best way to find the information you are seeking.

I'll comment further on your new thread. I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's an all too familiar complaint heard here. My heart goes out to you.

My Best,
~Tuck
Thank-You for your reply.  I do not understand about these threads. I posted a new thread as you suggested I hope it took.
Thanks Tim. I'll look for it.

I know it can be difficult to understand a format initially.

~Tuck
Hi Timwin7777 -

It looks as though you are having a hard time posting your own thread. If you go to the main page of this community, at the top of the page, you should see a green "Post Question" button. Click on that, and you can fill in the appropriate sections, and then click the green "Post Question" button at the bottom.

The main page is found here - http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pain-Management/show/53

If you need a direct link to post a new question here, try this: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=53

Let us know if you need further assistance!

Emily
I was taking 7.5 hydrocodone 3 x per day and tested negative.  My Dr said is because with such a low dose I'm testing below the threshold to produce a positive result  He uupped it to hydrocodone 10 4x a day now I'm testing fine.  Goodluck
Go to WebMD and put your meds in and it will tell you the interactions of your meds
I just tested negative after 16 years on oxycodone for severe back pain and other issues.  I, like others, was not nervous because I take all my meds religiously - 24/7/365.  I was shocked.  I have messaged my Dr. and asked for an outside lab to do a retest.  From my research, there are a large number of factors that can cause a false negative as well as a false positive.  I sent my Dr. a link to the Mayo Clinic regarding this issue.  I also sent another link along with a portion of the article.  I am not going down without a fight.  Without I will not be able to get out of bed let alone do anything else.  As is, I live with Chronic pain every day, I have just learned to deal.  I understand a Dr. being diligent, but it is getting to be a real issue for those of us who rely on the medication to have any kind of life.  I just started on Gabapentin for neuropathy and I am currently reading an article that states taking the 2 together can cause a much lower reading for the Oxy.  It is rare, but can happen.  Given my off the wall weird reactions to medications, I will be surprised if that is not the problem.  In addition to Chronic pain, I also have clinical depression, severe anxiety, and Bi-Polar disorder - (I hit the trifecta).  All of the aforementioned can cause pain to be acerbated.  Thankfully, I had a friend here when I got the news who was able to talk me down from a full blown anxiety attack which causes the nerve endings in my hands, feet and mouth to form blisters - yeah, fun.  I have messaged my Dr. and sent her links to the Mayo Clinic and several other sights regarding the issue.  We have a great relationship so I am hopeful she will agree to the retest and that they will get it right this time.  Actually, they have to do a retest if you request one.  We have to become our own health care advocates or this will just keep happening.  I don't take this stuff for fun, I take it so I can function.  Not everyone is a drug seeking addict; Drs. need to learn to work with their patients and keep up on current issues with the drugs they prescribe.  False negatives are becoming epidemic and something needs to be done to help those caught in the loop.  There is only one test that is reliable, but due to cost it is rarely run  - it is a catch 22; damned if we do and damned if we don't.  Guess I will just have to wait and see what my Dr. says.  In the interim, I guess I will arrange for a wheelchair, just in case.  I wish the best to all of you...and me.
Are they saying your opiate level was not appropriate ? Or are they saying you were dirty ? Ask for a blood test and do it quick , time is of the essence. Otherwise I think you are out of luck. They don't play anymore. They can't lose their license by prescribing to folks that are not compliant. I am sure if this is a PM doc they have all the testing and lab setup either in house or local.  There are just so many people who are full of it. They make it hard. You really should not go in to this lie detector business with them. It makes you look bad, and they don't care. Those test can be BS'ed through too.  Good luck, you have a lot to lose.
Nothing can cause it. Your levels are not what they should be in your urine straight up. Get a blood test, time is of the essence. He will not risk his license for these stories. It just can't happen. You may have some unknown metabolism problem, but it does not look good. They get this story several times daily. Good luck.
I have just came up with a negative urine and blood test. I am on my prescriptions faithfully. Now someone explain why that's happens!
After much research, there seem to be 3 reasons for false negatives.  I drink approx. 100 0z. of water per day to stop massive body spasms.  The amount of water I drink could be the reason for the false-negative.  I also take Gabapentin which requires a specific test to register the Percocet.   Other meds taken can also mess with the outcome of the test.  If they only do a dip test, it results in a false negative more often than not.  I have sent my Dr. my research from the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic and several other highly recognized Medical centers to no avail.  My next step is to make an appt. to see the head of the clinic.  I have taken my meds religiously - if I don't I cannot function.  Also, given the length of time, I have been on the medication and the amount I take in all likelihood I will wind up in the hospital and possibly die - especially since I have had a heart attack.  I have tried cutting back to no avail.  I see no reason to be in pain until I run out since i am going to go through hell anyway.  Personally, I quit, I just can't do this anymore. My Dr. will con't to see me for all other issues, but will just no longer prescribe my pain meds.  Might as well discontinue them all - I am just so done.
I have had multiple GI surgical procedures that has left me with little surface area for drug absorption.  This is especially true for extended release medications such as MS Contin which I am on.  I always ask for a blood test as they are a little more exact than urine tests