Pain Management Community
False Positive for Methadone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

False Positive for Methadone

Is there anyone out there who has come across this? I am on Fentanyl 100mgm 72 hr patch, I take Roxicodone 30 mg 4 x day, Diazepam 10mg 4 x day, Cymbaltal 60 mg 1 x day, Lycra 50mg 3 x day and I take generic Tylenol every several hours and switch it with IB Profin on the odd day. With this said, I have been seeing the same pain Dr for the last 2 yrs. I have had 3 major surgeries in that 2 year span (total of 8 cervical fusions). My Dr has been testing me to make sure I'm using the drugs he prescribes and not selling them on the street. I take my meds... "To the letter as prescribed". I have never come up short or had probs with the drugs (over usage). I also use marijuana to help with pain. The Dr is aware of this. I just had my last surgery 4 weeks ago, since then I have tested positive for Methadone twice. I have never used or seen or know someone who would have access to these. My Dr. who I thought I had a good relationship with is now threatened to release me for abusing Methadone. It is hard enough to deal with the constant pain and torment I have from the surgical pain and the pain I still have since before the surgery and now have to worry that I am going to be thrown out on the street to suffer a HORRIBLE WITHDRAW. PLEASE ANYBODY WITH ANY ANSWERS, HELP ME, I BEG. What is causing the false positive for methadone? The urine test was done by an 11 panel urine tester. Can I ask for blood test? It ***** to be accused of something you have not done. The only difference in the last 2 years is that Lycra 50 mg 3x day and IB Profin every other day, I just started these 2 drugs in the last 4-5 weeks......that is the only difference.
Very scared, murpht99r
I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  I have heard of these tests coming up with false results so often.  I would clearly ask for another test.  It could be possible it got messed up with someone else's test.  I wish you the best.  I'm sorry I do not have any advice, but I am here for your support.