False Positive for Methadone
Is there anyone out there who has come across this? I am on Fentanyl 100mgm 72 hr patch, I take Roxicodone 30 mg 4 x day, Diazepam 10mg 4 x day, Cymbaltal 60 mg 1 x day, Lycra 50mg 3 x day and I take generic Tylenol every several hours and switch it with IB Profin on the odd day. With this said, I have been seeing the same pain Dr for the last 2 yrs. I have had 3 major surgeries in that 2 year span (total of 8 cervical fusions). My Dr has been testing me to make sure I'm using the drugs he prescribes and not selling them on the street. I take my meds... "To the letter as prescribed". I have never come up short or had probs with the drugs (over usage). I also use marijuana to help with pain. The Dr is aware of this. I just had my last surgery 4 weeks ago, since then I have tested positive for Methadone twice. I have never used or seen or know someone who would have access to these. My Dr. who I thought I had a good relationship with is now threatened to release me for abusing Methadone. It is hard enough to deal with the constant pain and torment I have from the surgical pain and the pain I still have since before the surgery and now have to worry that I am going to be thrown out on the street to suffer a HORRIBLE WITHDRAW. PLEASE ANYBODY WITH ANY ANSWERS, HELP ME, I BEG. What is causing the false positive for methadone? The urine test was done by an 11 panel urine tester. Can I ask for blood test? It ***** to be accused of something you have not done. The only difference in the last 2 years is that Lycra 50 mg 3x day and IB Profin every other day, I just started these 2 drugs in the last 4-5 weeks......that is the only difference.
Very scared, murpht99r
I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  I have heard of these tests coming up with false results so often.  I would clearly ask for another test.  It could be possible it got messed up with someone else's test.  I wish you the best.  I'm sorry I do not have any advice, but I am here for your support.