False positive AND False negative???
I take Hydrocodone 10/500-4 times a day, Soma 350mg-4 times a day, Celexa 20mg-once a day, Lipitor 20mg-once a day, Enjuvia 0.9mg-once a day, Motrin 1600mgs a day, Asprin 350mg-4 times a day, all these everyday for over a year. I had to take pain management urine drug test and it tested positive for Benzodiazepines and they said my Soma didn't show up at all. What would cause this as I never take anything but what the doctor has prescribed me, and I ALWAYS take ALL of it like I'm suppose to. Can any of my meds cause a false positive for Benzodiazepines and why in the world wouldn't my Somas show up, since I'm sure that would be one of the drugs they would be looking for.

Can anyone help me out here on what the deal could possibly be?
Hello Mel,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us. I am sorry that your urine drug screening was not accurate. It happens more times then you might imagine. If you check our archives you will find many, many posts on this exact subject.

There are statistics that say error rate is as high as 60-70%. The most common cause of inaccuracies are human error.

I apologize that I am not skilled enough in drug interactions to say with any certainty what may have asked your inaccuracy....but in my opinion and after much research on the subject nothing you did or take caused the inaccurate results. I don't believe any of the drugs you list should not have caused the false positive or false negative results.

The really important factor here is what consequences will you suffer from the results of this drug screen? If none, count your blessings. If you will be dismissed by your PMP there are some steps you should take in defense of yourself. So please let us know what action will your PMP take, if any.

Again I am sorry that this has happened to you. I sincerely hope you will keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We are here to offer you our support and suggestions.

Good Luck & Take Care,
~Tuck
I'm sorry, I was mistaken. My ua showed Barbituates, NOT benzos. Could any of my medicine, or maybe a combo of the meds I take cause this false positive?
I take Hydrocodone 10/500-4 times a day, Soma 350mg-4 times a day, Celexa 20mg-once a day, Lipitor 20mg-once a day, Enjuvia 0.9mg-once a day, Motrin 1600mgs a day, Asprin 350mg-4 times a day, all these everyday for over a year. I also take a lot of unisom and bendyrl. I had to take pain management urine drug test and it tested positive for Barbiturates and they said my Soma didn't show up at all. What would cause this as I never take anything but what the doctor has prescribed me, and I ALWAYS take ALL of it like I'm suppose to. Can any of my meds cause a false positive for Benzodiazepines and why in the world wouldn't my Somas show up, since I'm sure that would be one of the drugs they would be looking for.

To: All, Correction:
I take Hydrocodone 10/500-4 times a day, Soma 350mg-4 times a day, Celexa 20mg-once a day, Lipitor 20mg-once a day, Enjuvia 0.9mg-once a day, Motrin 1600mgs a day, Asprin 350mg-4 times a day, all these everyday for over a year. I also take a lot of unisom and bendyrl. I had to take pain management urine drug test and it tested positive for Barbiturates and they said my Soma didn't show up at all. What would cause this as I never take anything but what the doctor has prescribed me, and I ALWAYS take ALL of it like I'm suppose to. Can any of my meds cause a false positive for Barbiturates and why in the world wouldn't my Somas show up, since I'm sure that would be one of the drugs they would be looking for.

To: Tuck, Correction:

You might try the Ask A Pharmacist community, or ask your own pharmacist, if any of those drugs can cross react with a test for barbiturates.  

I don't believe ( but don't go by me) that they specifically test for the exact drug Soma.  They typically test for classes of drugs..barbiturates, benzos, cannabinoids, opiates, amphetamines, etc.  

Just ask your pharmacist or doctor if soma could possibly cause a false positive for barbs.
Oops...meant false positive for benzos.