Fell down
I fell down a few days ago and hit very hard on my rib cage, just under my right breast.  It hurts to press on it or to twist my body from side to side.  Could it just be a bruise, torn muscle or a fracture?
Hi Sissy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your fall and subsequent rib pain.

You are right. I could be any of the conditions that you have mentioned. If the pain does not improve or if it becomes worse or you develop other symptoms please see your PCP. In the meantime RICE is usually the first treatment for an injury and is often helpful. Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Admittedly compression and elevation will be difficult but you may want to try ice and rest.

Please let us know how you are doing. I do hope that soon you will be feeling better and that this is just a bruise.

Take Care and best of Luck to You,
Tuck