Fentanyl patch defective ?
My husband is on a 12 mcg ratio-fentanyl patch every 3 days for pain management..I've noticed there is writing on the patch when I put it on him, & when I take it off, the writing is gone..I assume that's the way it's supposed to work..
The patches in the last box still had ALL the writing on them when I removed them, & he hasn't been feeling well for over a week or so..I opened a new box & it's doing the same thing- - writing still there..I plan to contact the company, but it's a holliday here, drugstore, doctor, all unavailable..Any ideas ?? Is the writing a cue that the patch is, or isn't working ??
What brand of patch is he using?  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "writing" - what exactly is printed on the patches?  Are they the gel pouch system or do they look like a piece of clear tape?

The brand I use does the same thing.  It's just the printing coming off from sweat and bathing and has nothing to do with how the medication is dispensed.  Your plan to call the doctor is good one.  Your husband not feeling well may be related to the patch, or it may be something else.  Best to get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later.