Fentanyl withdrawal
Hi everybody. I have been prescribed Fentanyl for the last 12-months. I was up to 75mcg/hr per 72-hours, and have tapered down over the last month, and started today on 12.5mcg/hr per 72-hours. My original condition was intracranial hypertension which required a few rounds of brain surgery - all good now, and the head pain is gone (thank goodness). My question is about managing the withdrawal symptoms - what are some specific things I can do to help manage 1) high blood pressure, 2) high heart rate, 3) pain, pain everywhere, 4) restlessness, 5) getting some sleep. All kooky suggestions welcomed - I am hydrated, I'm taking hot baths, I'm cycling on a trainer for 20-minute stints every day, I'm eating well, I'm taking my vitamins, and you know, being sensible, but OUCH. Thanks for your help.
Read your post and it sound s tp me like you are doing everything that you can to help clean out your body. Give your body time to adjust. Stay on top of what you are doing and If you need something for sleep, try melatonin. Congratulation on getting off the junk. This stuff really did me in and I hope NEVER to go back to it.
Ok thanks very much.