Fibromyalgia or toxic mold poisoning
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 3 years ago.I had pain all over my body, fatigue as well as many other Fibro symptoms.The last year I became very sick nauseous 24/7 and also developed pain in my back and under my ribcage on both sides.We recently discovered (about 3 months ago) our home had a mold problem.We have since moved out of our home and almost of of my symptoms have disappeared.I am still tired most of the time & still have pain under my ribcage.But all of the other pain & symptoms are gone.I have had so many tests done over the last year & they have yet to find a problem.Could this pain be fibromyalgia even though it is now only under my ribcage,or could the exposure to the mold have damaged my lungs.I have had xrays of my lungs as well as a pulmonary function test.Both were ok.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.I do feel better than I ever thought I would After being so miserable for so long,but now I want this other pain gone too.

This discussion is related to Rib Cage Pain.
Hi Trixi,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. It sounds like you have good news and bad news.

As you know Fibro is a disease of exclusion. When all other tests return negative and you have certain clinical symptoms a diagnosis of Fibro is made. It may be possible that the mold exposure may have presented as Fibro.

A CT of the lungs can be done for a more definitive look at the tissues of your lungs. If you are concerned I would request one form your PCP. Have your returned to the diagnosing physician and discussed this with him. I certainly would do that.

I can do more research on this issue later today and see what I can discover if you have not done that. Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates.

Take Care,
Tuck