Pain Management Community
Fighting false medication drug screens.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Fighting false medication drug screens.

I have been with my Dr for 7 yrs.  Never has she asked for a Urine Drug Screen.  Last month I called in to get a refill on my Percocet and she told me I needed to do a Random Urine Drug Screen.  I went and the nurse calls me to inform me that the Dr will no longer be able to give me any more Percocet or Klonopin seems my Urine Drug Screen showed that I was negative for both drugs.  I told her I had taken 2 Percocet the day before and I take my Klonopin daily before bed.  

We have been going round and round about this for a few week now.  I have been reading your posts on this matter.  I live in WI which is State mandated since 2010 (which I just found out).  My biggest question to all of you is why has no one taken any legal action against this????  To me it's slander and I will not go quietly forward with my life being labeled a drug abuser.  I would like anyone who has fought this accusation to come forward and help me fight this, wither they won or lost.  I'm not seeking $$, just my name cleared and this accusation removed from my file.  Please help me I don't know where to turn.
my brother is fighting them....
Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do about this false negative test result. Casino's can refuse to admit anyone they choose from their establishment, and I'm certain that doctors can refuse to treat a patient if they simply choose not to, and if they have a test to "back them up". The same thing happened to me a few months ago and I was put on "probation". All it entailed was going bi-weekly for follow-ups, and urine screens, instead of monthly. I have been seeing my doctor for about 3 years maximum, so I find it disturbing that your doctor (that you have been seeing for 8 years) didn't do any follow up testing, or even another urine test, before terminating your opiate contract. It almost sounds like the doctor is "shying away" from prescribing opioid pain medications altogether. I have a store bought drug test kit in my car that I will use if another false negative test happens to me. The doctor is aware of this, and will "honor" the results as long as they get to open the package and inspect the kit first. Again, it's a shame that an 8 year relationship with your doctor is ruined over a defective urine drug test. Was it an "instant read" test cup, or simply a sterile cup that's sent to the lab for testing? My doctor uses the "instant read" cups, which can be defective once in a while (the doctors words, not my words!). The other test cups (simple sterile specimen cups), which are sent to a lab, can be tested numerous times to ensure accuracy.  If you tested negative when using a regular specimen cup, the lab would have re-tested your urine. More "weight" is given to a labs multiple tests of a sample than the results from a one-time use test (instant read cups). I wish you luck.
        shinty
Really great post and the test kept in your car is a brilliant idea ❕❗ fight fire with fire eh❔ lol. Love it ❕❗
After doing much research on what can cause a Urine test to be false I spoke personally with my Dr.  She went to bat for me with quality assurance and over turned their findings as inaccurate.  My records are cleared and I will be getting my scripts with no further drug screen in the future.  

When I called many attorneys I was told no one would take my case as there is no money to be made.  Through my research into urine drug screening I found that simple things can change your results.  Benadryl, coffee, water melatonin are the things that gave me a false drug results. I learned that blood tests are no better, neither is hair tests.  

I think anyone who is taking pain medication needs to be educated so they will be able to fight for their rights to get the medication they need.  If we are more informed we can let the drs know what we did that could effect our outcome on our test.  Knowledge is power and we must stand up for our rights to proper accurate testing so we can receive the medication we need.

I truly feel that there needs to be more education on the part of drs before they subject patients to a drug screen.  We who truly need these meds are not the only ones selling them.  I found many sites that will tell you how to pass a drug screen very easily.  This is not a way to catch drug dealers this is a way to hurt innocent people who are in pain.  Drug dealers are to smart to fall for a drug screen.  Until there is a more accurate way to verify drugs taken and not I don't feel that this is the right path to follow.

Just my findings and my opinion.