Pain Management Community
Foot Pain Everyday! How to get rid of it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

hello everyone, I am 25 years old. I am teacher of pre-school kids. Having this kind of profession is fulfilling..at the same time, I'm feeling quite exhausted after a long day of  walking, standing, etc...Also, I find that my feet are burning and in pain after some time..I am thinking now on how to get rid of it? Any tips on how to atleast lessen the pain? Any suggestions or recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
Hi Conmarie,

After a long day of running down hospital halls I use to soak my feet in something called Epsom Salts. I don't know if you have such a product in your country. There is also a water foot massage machine that is helpful. After soaking your feet can can select from a variety of foot creams that may also ease your foot pain.

It is important to wear a comfortable shoe with some support. The shoes with too much arch support hurt my feet )I'm flat footed) but I found a sturdy shoe with out too much arch support worked the best for me. You may want to try different types of shoes until you find one that is comfortable. It will make a world of difference.

Good luck. I hope your feet will soon be better. Take Care, Tuck

Hi Tuckamore,

Thanks for that wonderful advice... Sad thing I don't think we have that here in SG the 'Epsom Salts'..
Yes, I've tried different types of shoes which are comfy. But at the end of the day, I feel that my feet are still so tired and feel like having sore muscles.
Anyway, if time permits, after work I drop by to one of these massage parlors nearby to get a foot massage...and yes..., I feel so relaxed..and feel so light! However, I can just do that once in awhile if not so busy at work. Now, I am considering of buying a foot massager. I think I am looking for something with heat therapy to soothe my tired tensed muscles after work.. I always believe that it also helps to improve blood circulation. Maybe if I find one in the market, I will share it with ya.. ;)
Take care! :)
I had that happen to me a couple of years back.  It felt like needles in my feet especially in my heels.  You know that feeling like when you jump off of something and hit the ground and one of your feet just hurts and feels awful?  that is what i felt, is that what is going on with you?  I went to a podiatrist and he made me orthotics, shoe inserts and they actally helped.  it took about a month but gradually each day during that month they got better and by the end of the first month it was noticably better..  what about those icy hot or bengay patches, have you tried those on the bottom of your feet, or soaking them in epsom salt?...................i hope you all the best....let us know your outcome.........till than montanagurl
If you don't have Epsom Salts you might want to look for Sea Salts they work they same as Epsom Salts they are just more expensive.  Also you might want to see a foot doctor who could get some insoles made especially for your feet.  Then you can put the insoles in different shoes depending on what shoes you feel like wearing, it would give you more options.  I got a pair for my self and they made a big difference.
Hi, thanks for the wonderful advice. Yup, I did try and it really helps! :) Thanks..
I am considering of buying foot massager also and have atleast 15minutes massage everyday after work.. I have seen one from http://www.osim.com/product/usqueez_warm.aspx and I am quite inrested because it has nice features which I was looking for eversince. :)
hi guys! I just want to share that I have found my baby and saviour to lessen the pain in my feet! I bought a leg massager online. the name is uSqueez Warm from OSIM. I love it! the features are all in one. I like it for a fact that it has roller reflexology, vibration, heat and squeezing massagers. totally it helps to make me feel relax and healhy...atleast now I can stand and walk for long hours..:)
It sounds to me like you have plantar fasciitis: google that and see if your symptoms match.  There are quite a few sites that have useful information for treatment of PF.  If the pain is worst just after you get up in the morning and take your first steps, this is definitely what you have.  If so, I might be able to give you some tips, as I'm a runner and had a bout of PF some years ago.
thanks for the advice. Actually yes, i think you are right. I have checked it from google and it seems that I am experiencing all the symptoms in which I always suffer from too much Foot pain. This ***** because it actually affects my work, difficulty with participation in sports, and interfere with other normal day activities...Haay...:( anyway, what are your recommendations? it will be much appreciated..thanks in advance..
Also, just want to share that I have recently bought a leg massager from OSIM online. Well, it helped me to relax in some ways and I feel that I feel so light after having 15 minutes of massage sessions everyday. :)