Pain Management Community
Forearm Pain after Shoulder Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Forearm Pain after Shoulder Surgery

I had shoulder surgery on 9/5 to correct an impingement condition in my right shoulder.  As of now 9/23 I am having pain (burning ache and sensitive to the touch) from my elbow to the top of my hand (second knuckle).  I am still taking pain medication every 8 hours and supplementing with Tylenol in between.  There is some shoulder pain at this point but the forearm pain is the worse of the two.  I am currently doing PT twice a week and according to the therapist, I am doing quite well.  One of the therapists suggested that this may be a nerve situation and the Ortho Doc said that it could be possible given the amount of fluid that has to be absorbed into the tissues after an arthroscopic surgery such as this,  Any suggestions as to what is causing this pain and how I can alleviate it?