Pain Management Community
Front left neck cramps with ear and tonsil pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Hi all.. I sometimes get a cramp on the front left side of my neck. It only ever lasts for a few minutes but it causes extreme tonsil and ear pain on the left side. I can barely move my neck when it happens. Does anyone know what this is?
Hi!
If there is tenderness on pressing the neck from outside, then this could be due to spinal nerve compression, inflamed sternocleidomastoid muscle as in TMJ, swollen lymph nodes if you can feel a mass, an abscess if you can feel a mass, a clot in the carotid artery or due to a muscle pull.
A MRI of the cervical spine and nerve conduction studies may be required. If your neck MRI is clear then the pain could be referred to the neck due to spinal problems of the upper back, or it could be due to tight neck muscles, or due to stress and anxiety or due to clots in the carotid artery. Hence you may need a MRI of the upper back spine and a dopplar study of the carotids.
But first, do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you very much for your help :)
I went to my doctor and they said it was stress.. I'm a singer so was hoping it was nothing to do with that..