Frustrating -
I am having an issue with alcohol, I only have a couple of drinks per month but when I have a 2nd drink within two hours I have a migraine - any solutions (other than not to drink any alcohol)?
Hi and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum.

There are other MedHelp Forums that may provide you with other responses.... but the answer, as you know is don't drink.

Your body is telling you it does not like alcohol. Indeed you may have an allergy to it. Is it ALL alcohol? .... Or just certain ones?

Wine always gave me a furious headache after just a glass or two. One popular wine even made me vomit, without warning after one glass. I got the hint. There was/is something in wine that my body simply rejected.

Instead of drinking alcohol I have a glasss on Seltzer Water with a lemon or garnish. I ask for it in a "fancy glass" so I don't feel left out and others don't press me to drink. I have also had tomatoe juice with garnish. I don't need to drink alcohol to have fun or feel included.

Obviously many of us Chronic Pain members take medications that require us to stay clear of all alchohol. You may find better or more responses on another forum.

I wish you the best.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Hi Lainey,

do you take any sort of meds for migrains in general or do u only get them when u drink?