Pain Management Community
Goals...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Goals...

I was filling out my paper work for the pain specialist yesterday that they sent me in the mail. Well one of the questions on there is "What are your goals if your pain was controlled?" When I first read the question I thought goals wow I have never thought of that. But it didn't take me long to learn I would need another pieace of paper to write them all down. I ended up with 10 of them. I go see the specialist on Monday, it says they won't give me any pain meds at that time so I will have to wait for the next appt. I guess they get rid of the drug seekers that way but for people like me that is in pain all the time it *****. So I was wondering if your pain is under control what goals did you have or if your like me and not under control what goals do you have? My 1 is for my life to get back to normal, and for me to be able to go to my kids ball games, and to eat normal with no pain and to be able to smile and not be in pain from it and to want to get out of bed in the morning instead of like now I don't want to cause I don't know how bad the pain will get. And to be less in pain so I can take care of my kids like a mother should do.
What are/was your goals?
Jamie
Hi Jamie,

You've asked a good question. My first measurable goal would be to return to my career. But I like you would have a very long list.

Now I just want to be in less pain. I want to do normal things like vacuum and laundry and not hurt so bad for 48 hours that I can't move. Like you I would like to get out of bed in the morning without extreme pain. I want to sleep for 7 hours. I know that my life will never be "normal" again. But I do have the important things like love and companionship. When all is said and done those are the important things.

I am glad that you are setting goals. It's a good beginning. Many PMP do not prescribe narcotics on the first visit. I am hopeful that your PMP will soon begin treating your chronic pain.

Peace,
~Tuck