Pain Management Community
HELP----I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

HELP----I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!

I JUST STARTED GOING TO A PAIN MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST AS I HAVE A BONE DISEASE THAT CAUSES ME A LOT OF PAIN, HAS SINCE CHILD HOOD.

I WAS SEEING A GP THAT GOT ME COMPLETELY RIPPED ON NORCO 10'S OVER A COURSE OF YEARS, STARTED AT 5 -- YOU KNOW THE STORY...  CURRENTLY I'M TAKING BETWEEN 16 AND 20 OF THEM A DAY.  FINANCIALLY I JUST CAN'T DO IT, LET ALONE TRYING TO FIND THE DRUGS IN A SMALL TOWN, WHERE NO ONE WOULD EVER THINK THAT I'D HAVE A PROBLEM...  I WENT CT, BUT I SERIOUSLY CAN'T TAKE THE PHYSICAL PAIN.  I CAN'T EVEN WALK WITHOUT MEDICATION....  

SO.  I WENT TO A PAIN MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST AND HE STARTED ME ON METHADONE...  IT ALL SOUNDS GOOD, WE HAD A LONG TALK... BUT THEN I COME HOME AND READ ABOUT ALL THE BAD STUFF ABOUT METHADONE....  IS THERE ONE SUCCESS STORY OUT THERE?  

I HAVE SIGNED A CONTRACT, AND REFUSE TO LIVE THE WAY I HAVE BEEN....  BUT NOW I'M SCARED I'LL JUST GO TO SLEEP AND DIE....  

ANY HELP???????   I WOULD TOTALLY APPRECIATE IT...  
It's amazing that you are worried about Methadone prescribed by a Dr. harming you when you easily could have overdosed by abusing the hydrocodone...

I hope they have done a liver panel on you since that much Acetaminophen each day is toxic....

The key is taking medicine AS PRESCRIBED....and stop buying/taking meds off the street....

You need to be completely honest with your DR. and let them know of your past...

What is your actual pain issue and what all do you do to help lessen the pain besides relying on naroctics?

The only way you will be in danger of your life is if you are taking more Methadone than prescribed....or crushing/chewing/snorting it.....Or if you are still taking non prescribed amounts of Hydrocodone...

There is an addiction board on this website that would be of good help to you. This particular board is for people who have chronic pain and take our meds exactly as prescribed as well as do many other modalities other than medicine to help our pain levels....

I'm not trying to be mean....Just am saying that you should have been more worried about harming yourself when you are abusing medication...