HELP
I have suffered from chronic pain,numbness and tingling and swelling in all my jpints for yrs. I am on 5 MG methadone 3x a day and 5MG oxycodone every 4 hrs. These meds are no longer controlling my pain and when i do see a DR and tell him his answer is always PILLS PILLS and more PILLS. I am tired of taking pills and all I want is to find out what is causing this. Been thru so many tests and they have found problems with my back,severe,but no to surgery. The pain is excruitiating and unrelenting and has become my life. I need help please.
What tests have they run?  Have they looked into auto-immune disorders?  It sounds like that is what it could be.  Have they checked for Rheumatoid ARthritis?  Sent you to a specialist?  Suggested you see a Rheumatologist?  Have they tested you for Lyme Disease?You're right - you definitely need to get to the bottom of the problem so you can actually treat the disorder rather than just give you pills to try and hide the pain.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia (along with some issues) that all stem back to being diagnosed with late stage Lyme Disease a few years back.  By the time they ran the tests that tested positive for Lyme, it had already done a lot of damage to my body.  

I'm SO SORRY to hear that you are in so much pain.  I KNOW how that is.  It's SOOOO frustrating and hard.  Sounds like you need a new, better doctor.  See what you can do about that.  And ost of all, good luck!!
Do what ever your health insurance will. Seek out second opinions. If you find an answer at least you will know what's wrong, and find other meds than the pills, they never cured anyone and they don't work anyway they make it worse when you run out, constant pain with out them is better, because you wont be taken up in surprise when they run out and it's unbearable, it's gonna be unbearable no matter what you do. My defence has been to become immune to the pain so i'm not immune to the pills.
Good luck and try all the doctors and anything you can don't give up, keep calling the doctors. Keep searching and learning..