Head Pain
I have had chronic head pain that does not let up for the past four years. I have seen several doctors, tried chriopractor, Dentist. I cannot get a diagnosis for tghis pain. It feels like the pain you would have with a severe sinus infection along with all of my upper teeth constantly hurting, and the feeling of a deep ear ache. I am looking for anybody that has these same symtons and would like to know what you do for controlling the pain. I have tried several medications and none seem to help. I take pain pills regularly just because they are the lesser of the two evils but would love to find an alternative as the pain poills make me sick constantly.

Looking for help
Hi Tim:

Have you had an MRI w/ contrast? This MRI is more in depth than the typical one used. I would suggest that you talk with your Doctor about the possibility of more imaging.

Please take care,
Molly
It sounds as if you may have TMJ.Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome is hard to diagnose and will cause excuriating pain.
Here are just some of the symptoms...

Pain in the facial muscles and jaw joints may radiate to the neck or shoulders. Joints may be overstretched. You may experience muscle spasms from TMJ syndrome. You may feel pain every time you talk, chew, or yawn. Pain usually appears in the joint itself, in front of the ear, but it may move elsewhere in the skull, face, or jaw.

TMJ syndrome may cause ear pain, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), and hearing loss. Sometimes people mistake TMJ pain for an ear problem or sinus problem, such as an  infection, when the ear or sinus' is not the problem at all.

Imaging: X-rays may be taken of the mouth and jaw. CT or MRI may also be used. The MRI was designed for soft tissue and, therefore, will show the location of the TMJ disc in relationship to the jaw and skull bones. That will give the doctor a better idea as to the proper treatment approach.

I hope this helps:)