Pain Management Community
Help please!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Help please!!

Im a 21 year old female...My left arm is hurting extreamly bad...on a scale 1-10 10 being most painful...it would be a 10...unbarable pain...my heart is beating very fast and my hands and ares are shaking...Whats wrong???  Am I not too young for a heart attack??
Hi whitrae,

First I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum only CP - Chronic Pain - Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm so sorry to hear of the EXTREMELY severe pain that you are having.  When you are having such a high level of pain you need to go to the Doctor and get it checked out.  PLEASE don't put this off any longer.

You're NEVER too young to have a heart attack BUT normally it's the left arm that would be hurting.  There are MANY things that could be causing this from back problems, nerve problems, etc.  

I HOPE that you won't put this off any longer and get this checked out so that you can get relief from your pain.

When you find out something, I am counting on you updating us as we are concerned about you and the pain you are in!!

I'm looking forward to your update...........Sherry  :)
It sounds like a panic or anxiety attack.  When I had one I was sure I was having a heart attack!  All the same symptoms.  Although it doesn't seem possible breathing and relaxing will help and it will pass.  You could have a heart attack at your age but only if you use drugs like coke or speed or if you have a congenital or genetic heart defect.  If you don't do drugs and no one in your close family has serious heart problems then it is a panic attack - breathe and it will get better, it is hard and it takes time but it Will get better!
Hi Whitrae,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum.  I am sorry that I am tardy with my response.
Please share with us how are you doing today?

I agree with the above response that you may have experienced a panic or anxiety attack. However there are other possibilities. Can you provide us with more information, especially regarding the pain in your arm? Did you injure it?

I'll look forward to hearing an update.

Best of Luck to You,
~Tuck  
Can anyone please help me?  I suffer Fibromyalgia and recently been having a great deal of pain, tenderness and discomfort in my hands and feet.  Is this related to the fibro or could it be something else?