Help with getting a doctor to listen to me?!?
I need help with seeing a new doctor. I have severe chronic pain every single day to where I can't even do my daily activities. I have 2 young children to look after, can't sleep and constantly nauseous from the pain and can't eat. I have scoliosis, kyphosis, a vertrebral hemangioma and degenerate joint disease at 28. My old doctor was prescribing me 60 lortab 7.5 and 1mg kolonopin daily for over a year and when I went in to get a refill he claims I don't need this for my pain nor did I ever and just cut me off just like that. I have been in horrific pain since then and even had to go tot the ER because I was hurting so bad I could barely breathe. She prescribed Percocet 7.5 but only 10 of them. They worked wonderful! Now I'm having to go see a new doctor and I'm worried that he won't help me at all and I will have to continue living in pain which doesn't leave me with a great life since I can't do much with my kids. I just want to be able to be somewhat out of pain and function as normally as possible. The only thing I can take is Tylenol based medicines, I'm allergic to NSAIDS, codeine and tramadol and I'm afraid if I tell the doc this, he will think I'm just a drug seeker. I need to know what to say to this new doc and how to go about getting some relief! If anyone can help,n please do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Have you considered going to a pain clinic? Doctors now have been told not to just hand out meds so the ones that actually need it are suffering.

I would tell him what you are going through be straight forward and don't lie. Ask him what you can do and if there is a pain clinic to help you because I feel you would get more help from one than a regular doctor
I will ask for him to do that. The only thing is I can't get an appointment with him for another 2 weeks! Also with my insurance I will need a referral to even see a pain clinic and I'm worried about how long that will take. I just need something to get me by until I can see someone about managing my pain. I'm desperate now and nothing I do will relieve this pain and I'm pretty sure I can't keep going to the ER.
No joke, but I've heard that pot is very good for this. Then the problem becomes how to obtain it, since it's still illegal.  unfortunately.  :)

good luck.  I'm in the same kind of boat.