Pain Management Community
Help with getting the right prescription

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have hip dysplasia level 4. I have no insurance. I am 37 years and I know what I need is definitely a narcotic. At this point I have tried everything so I am shooting this straight from the hip.. (pun intended)  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get Methadone prescribed.  I have not asked  my primary directly for this. He dose give me Vicodin however I have tried Methadone and it dose not make me "high" when I take it at a low dose and I get a large amount of relief. thank for anyone that will reply with honest help. Also I am very aware of the addictive nature of Methadone. But it is a great drug for those that need it.  : )
The best advice I can give you is to have your PCP to refer you to a pain management doctor. they will be more apt to prescribe methadone as they know the pain relieving
qualities and understand pain better than the average PCP does.
Thank you for your advice. I really want to know if I need to just be direct with the doctors about what I need or beat around the bush.
You should never name a specific drug as that gives the impression your drug seeking. Tell the doctor what has worked has has not in the past and go from there. if you see a PM doctor the doctor will not want to try the things that have not worked and will focus on doing what has helped in the past.