Pain Management Community
Hematoma in the bicep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Hematoma in the bicep

Dear All, A couple of months back I had started noticing a lump in the bicep area of my left hand. The lump would come and go and would sometimes be very painful. I was asked to take an MRI and it was determined that it was a hematoma. The doctor gave me a medicine(sorry do not remember the name) to dissolve the hematoma. He also told me that I need not restrict any of my activities. Now its been almost 6 months and the pain is again recurring. The days the pain is bad, it radiates upto my shoulders and wrists. I do not exercise, only usual house work and carry my 3 yr old. Can anyone help me. Do I need to do or not do something?
  • How long would you wait (2 replies):
    I have a similar problem in my right bicep. I'm assuming...[more]
  • cassm (2 replies):
    i have a full t hickness tear of the gluteus minus tendo...[more]
  • Arm weakness (1 replies):
    From last four months i experience a weakness in my both...[more]
  • Bicep Pain (1 replies):
    I work out regularly...warm up, stretch, all that. About...[more]
  • Bicep pain (1 replies):
    On Jan. 13, 2011 I had bloog drawn to check arterial blo...[more]
Hi Jothika,

Please forgive my tardy response to your post. I am a bit confused....your "bicep" is located in the upper portion of your arm. It's the muscle that you would receive some injections. Am I reading your post right?

Yes you need to do something...return to your PCP. Ask to have this investigated. Has the hematoma dissolved? If it did and has returned you need to know the reason it has returned. If it never dissolved you need that investigated also.

Please let us know how you are doing and what you find out. I will look forward to your update. Best of luck to you and please take care.

Peace,
~Tuck