Pain Management Community
Hip Pain After Shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Hip Pain After Shot

I got a shot over a month ago of fenegrin and tordoal and ever since then I have had constant hip pain that radiates down my right thigh. It will not go away, what happened? Did the nurse hit a nerve?
Hi JulieJean,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your pain.

Phenergan and Toradol IM is given for pain. I assume you were in pain when this injection was administered. Did it have anything to do with your hip?

When an IM injection is administered properly a major nerve should not be effected. I am not saying ti never happens as it does. But it's difficult for me to guess what happened...or if anything happened.  Is it possible that this pain is all part of the condition in which you were treated?

I certainly would inform and consult the physician that ordered this injection. It'd be a good place to start. I hope you'll soon find a resolution to your hip pain. Please feel free to let us know how you are doing.

Best of Luck to You,
~Tuck