Horrible low back affecting both of my Legs
I have been dealing with this problem since last thanksgiving and getting worse. I got a CT scan and showed two bulge disks, I've already did two different type of injections that didn't work, also on pain meds that also don't work, so my question is, Is there any holistic treatments that could relief the pain and feel normal?

Would like to try something different before i need to go for surgery!!

Thanx!!
Hi samknow,

First, I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum, only CP  {Chronic Pain}  Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm SO sorry that you are having to go through all of this horrific pain.  I had 2 MRI's done and they discovered 2 bulging discs in my neck and 3 in the middle of my back and I KNOW what you are feeling.  It is NO FUN!!!  I tried the injections BUT they only helped for a very short period of time.  

Unfortunately, I'm NOT familiar with any of the Holistic treatments that are available BUT I would talk with your Doctor about this and let him/her know that you would be interested in trying this route BEFORE you try any surgical procedures.  

I TOTALLY agree with you about trying everything you can BEFORE you go the surgical route as that is what caused the escalation of my DDD (Degenerative Disc Disease) back in 1989.  I had a ruptured disc and there wasn't another route at the time as it had ruptured into the spinal column.  The MAIN side effect was arthritis and within 5 years it had increased and is now SEVERE.  

You said that the meds that your Doctor has given you aren't helping - have you talked with him/her about changing the meds as these aren't working for you?  If you would share with us what you are on we might be able to give you some ideas as to what might or might not work.  Keep in mind we are NOT Doctors!! :) Also, are you in POM (Pain Management) or is it your PCP that is working with you? Sometimes this can make a REAL difference as to what does and doesn't work for someone.

I HOPE that others will come along that can be of MORE help to you than I've been but I would suggest that you "Google" Holistic Treatments for bulging discs" and see what you come up with.  You might ALSO ask your Pharmacist if he/she has any ideas of where you might check as they are your BEST source when it comes to ANY meds.  They might be familiar with the names of any Holistic Doctors in your area.

I will be looking for your updates and HOPE that you will remain an active member on MH and keep us updated.  I wish you the VERY best!!

Looking forward to hearing from you again............Sherry  :)

As to the normal no lol. But you can try several different things like traction, acupuncture, physical therapy. I take black cherry extract for inflammation. It works better than anything I have tried. It helps with arthritis. Chiropractic care is also helpful when your back goes out but be very careful and make sure the chiropractor knows about your disk. Most have a table they will put you on that stretches you out and it helps the disk. Best of luck to you please keep us posted on what you try and what helps. I am interested in holistic medicines and I have a holistic chiropractor. He is great, he does not force my back to pop. There really is now way to explain how he does it. Every time I try people think I am nuts lol. You may want to look for one in your area. Best of luck.

Sissie