How long will this injury take to heal?
I have a malpractice injury. An IM gluteal injection was given too low in my buttock and damged my sciatic  nerve. I felt a zap down the back of my leg right after the injection, and then it became numb. It went through my back and into my other leg.

This happened in April. Now, almost 3 months later, I'm still having issues with it. My right foot often feels numb, and I have to drag it sometimes when I walk. I have pain down the backs of both legs as well. And my right buttock where the injection was feels "torn" as if it is being ripped. The muscle, or even the nerve itself might be torn.

I've tried to manage this with medication (Lyrica and Tramadol mainly.) Also physical therapy, a lumbar steroid injection (which didn't quite seem to help) and even a chiropractor about the sciatica as well.

Any advice? Would a nerve block help?
Hi!
To treat this pain, you have to first confirm it is sciatica. You need a MRI of lower spine and nerve conduction studies to rule out pressure on nerve and nerve damage.
If this is indeed the case, then yes, nerve block may help. If there is some other cause of your pain, then the nerve block may not help. The pain can also be due to blocked arteries or due to spondylitis of lower vertebrae. In which case the treatment will e different. You can try physiotherapy and acupressure etc. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!
Not to take away from DR. Kokil's excellent answer, but I will answer the specific question in the title.
If the pain is indeed caused by the injection, and subsequent localized damage, it could take up to as much as a year to heal.
That's not to say it will, but that would not be abnormal. Also, that doesn't account for any conditions referenced by Dr. Kokil.
I really hope it doesn't take an entire year, or 9 more months, as it's already been 3 months. I keep getting mixed answers when I ask my doctors,  just that "nerves take a long time to heal."