Pain Management Community
How to get rid of trapped air.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

How to get rid of trapped air.

I've had open heart surgery when I was younger due to a gunshot wound to the chest. The doctor said he took out my spleen, repaired my left collapsed lung, and fixed my diaphram plus the open heart surgery.  Anyway about two years after my surgery I started developing serious pain in my fingers left leg and chest. The only thing that relieves it is the popping of my fingers legs toes etc. The pain is there all the time and only passing gas seems to relieve it, but for some reason it seems like I cant pass enough gas to clear out the trapped air or gas thats remaining in my chest area arm and leg etc. I also feel as though I'm full all the time and have developed high blood pressure to. The doctors cant diagnose the problem and it's driving me crazy because the pain is there all the time. It feels like a lighter being put to my skin daily. Starting to feel hopeless like I want to commit suicide to get out of my pain. Please help.
If it's gas I find Sodium bicarbonate very useful. I've felt like i was having a heart attack before from bad acid indigestion and gas and Sodium bicarbonate was the only thing that helped. It may or may not help you depending on what the problem actually is but it's an easy thing to try and see. I have to have a prescription for it so you may need to ask your doctor for one.
Hi domnack80,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your medical issues.

I highly discourage you from using Sodium Bicarbonate to relieve the gas due to your hypertension (High Blood Pressure). Sodium in any form should be avoided.  

Please know that you are always welcome here. However you may find better suggestions in our Gastroenterology Forum as that is their focus.

Here's the link:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Gastroenterology/show/68

I also encourage you to consult your PCP. He/she may refer you to a GI Specialist or have suggestions of his own.

Best of luck to you,
~Tuck