Pain Management Community
How to treat freon burns?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

How to treat freon burns?

I got freon burn last night looks like its only firt degree it's red and swollen, wanted to know if there is a cream i can apply?
Hi eri327,

First, I want to welcome you to the PM (Pain Management) Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. We are all CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that help each other with our own expertise and experiences that we have developed through our own CP Issues.

Wow, I'm really sorry that this happened to you!! It's even worse that it happened to you on a Holiday Week-end!!! :(
I can only tell you what I do if I have a minor burn such as a 1st degree burn.  If it's on my hand or somewhere accessible, I soak it in cool water for a few minutes and then I apply ointment such an antibiotic ointment. I wrap it loosely in gauze after that.  

One of the best things that you can do if you are in doubt is to either call your Doctor or call your Pharmacy and ask the Pharmacist what is the best thing to do for your burn. They are the most knowledgeable of everyone when it comes to any type of health issues.

I hope that this will help you and hopefully you can get it taken care of.  

Please let us know how you are doing as we tend to worry about everyone on here.

I'm wishing you the best of luck and hope you have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!!

I'll be looking for your updates............Sherry  :)