Pain Management Community
Hydrocodone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Hydrocodone

It is a sorry site to see all of these people dealing with the pain.  I want to cry but feel close to you all.   My stength comes from a great big God that I am relying on, however,  I have been taking Vicodin 750 for 3 or 4 yrs, started with 1/2 pill twice a day, then the 3, then to Norco 10.  I have had all of the epidurals I can stand,  The 1st one was a miracle, lasted 4 months, the last has done a little bit on one side.  Nothing in xrays shows surgery worthy, however, I can't sit for over 6 hrs at work, can stand over 10 minutes without nerve pain in feet and shins.  This doctor told me that Hydrocode makes you be in pain because it wants the drug.  I can't tell you how depressing this statement was.  Don't like it makes me hyper and if i was to take more that 3 a day I'd be a basket case.  I didn't think it did anything to me but that was denial.  To stop means I'd have to quit my job and lay around.  Has anyone heard this, is it that addictive that it controls your brains?????
lol , the level of understanding in the world today leave's me dumbfounded. The fact is hydrocodone
isnt gonna have the addiction u think it would on 1/2- 3 10mg pill's a day , people with a true tolerence/addiction or dependence take up to 2 every 6 hour's sometimes alot more then that , but anything i repeat ANYTHING u take or use on a daily basis ( i.e coffee , cigs , alchohol , drugs)
has a dependence factor after so long , But like anything u can taper the intake until it's alot easier for u to quit. Also u say ''This doctor told me that Hydrocodone makes you be in pain because it wants the drug'' what is it? The pain itself or your body? First u need to learn about chemical dependence etc. If u feel like hydrocodone has such a grip on u , ask for addiction treatment with suboxone possibly. While the energy your getting is probaly from the fact when u have less pain u feel more able to do things u wouldnt normally do , Karol.
I have not heard of that ( your brain) I do understand the energy and I think HTP is right about feeling better Im trying to get off the V its ruining my marrige 5    7.5 day. May god be with us ALL
Joeface
when I told my pain management dr he scruntch his eyes up, like where did you hear that.  I don't think I have a problem.  I manage getting ready for work sitting down and find I can wait until 9am to take 1st one, I was taking every 6 hrs but went to 8 hrs, this made it possible to cut down to 2, I am taking muscle relaxer when I get home.  Thursday I had only 1 because have convinced myself while they help take the edge off for a little while, i can lay down.  Friday had my 3rd epidural so felt completely healed all day, made without suboxone so I think I'll be okay.  Thanks for the comments