Pain Management Community
I am in the middle of a fight...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I am in the middle of a fight...

Of who is at fault for my workman's comp injury. Meanwhile, my spine surgeon doesn't want to keep writing scripts for pain so he referred me to Pain Management. WC doesn't want to send me for the whole multidisciplinary thing before knowing if the surgery will or won't be approved. The PM doc isn't going to write scripts for an individual who doesn't participate in their "whole" treatment". Its not that I don't want to, I just can't without approval. So... that leaves me in quite a pickle as what to take for pain. I am used to taking 1-2 7.5 mg Hydro/APAP TID. Well, now, I have nothing. I am allergic to NSAIDS however at this point will try anything! I have tried Ibu... nothing. Aleve...nothing. Tylenol... nothing. Percogesic... nothing. I don't know what else I can do. Help!
Tags: Pain, Vicodin
Did you tell your surgeon about the decision of the pain mgmt dr?  I do not know what the disciplanary ? is that you mentioned.  He should at least be able to give you something until the PM makes a decision.  WC rules are different depending on what State you are in.  Your best chance is to be honest with your regular dr.  I get my meds from my regular unless the PM tries something else.  If you were real desperate, and I am sure you are.  I would be, you can find an online pharmacy that have there own drs, you pay a good price for it but again, desparate?  I have been taking vicodin for so long and when the PM gave me a pain patch, I realized that maybe the vicodin didn't work as well as I assumed it did, however, when you have to be on your toes and driving, the patch is difficult because you aren't in control of when it wants to be it's strongest.  I wish I could give you information.  You can request WC to change dr after you have made the attempt and are not satisfied