Pain Management Community
I have awful muscle spasmas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have awful muscle spasmas

I have sevre muscle spasmas and also sufferfrom an aniexty disorder, there are times where I can barely function my back is so tight I have tired flexril and have had bad luck with it. I really have a high aniexty or panic attacks, and my muscle are almost froze up cant seem to get them loose. Whats is a good relaxent that wont leave me couch jockey? I am seeing a doctor about somw disc problems also but I usally get injections for that. Thordahl Ithink is what it is.
Hi!
Apart from disc problems in the back and anxiety and panic attacks, muscle spasms can be due to several causes. Dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, muscle fatigue, pinched nerve due to wrong posture could be the cause in your case. Try and use the correct posture while sitting and walking and consult a physical therapist regarding some stretch exercises which you can perform to help relieve tension.
If this does not help, then I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes, Lyme's, lupus or hypothyroidism can also be the cause. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.