Pain Management Community
IBD and Back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

IBD and Back pain

I was diagnosed with IBD a few years ago and as of yesterday I have had some pretty horrible back pain. It's in the lower back about the middle. It hurts to sit and to walk and I feel the pain ranging from my lower back to hips and sometime to my knees. I tried massaging the area but it didn't make any difference at all. Any suggestions?
Tags: IBD, Back pain
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum.

It's difficult to know if your back pain is related to your IBS or from another source? Have you consulted your PCP? If not I encourage you to do so... or you can consult your Gastroenterologist.

Once you know the source you will best know how to treat your pain. Sometimes the proper exercise will help ease back pain but first you need to know what is causing it.

You can ask your Pharmacist would he/she would recommend to ease your pain. Warm moist compresses may help.... if that seems to make it worse then try cold. But don't guess, ask your Physician.

Best of Luck to You,
~Tuck
Not diagnosed yet, but in the process.  Horrible back pain, had diet coke to relieve migraine and back pain went away.  Guess who is drinking diet cokes this week!  I couldn't tie my shoes on Monday and now I am just stiff.