Pain Management Community
In Kuwait

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

In Kuwait

I am a government contractor working in Kuwait, before coming here I had had about 3 years of moderate to sever lower back pain.  For the past 1 1/2 yrs prior to coming here I was prescribed all sorts of meds to try to help me manage my pain accordingly, so that I could proceed with work and continue doing what I needed to do.  Finally, the doctor did prescribe me Hydrocodone 7.5mg and this seemed to help the best.  When I decided to come to Kuwait, i though this would give me the chance to let me see what my back could do, now I'm over here with no help in site.  I recently visited the Troop Medical Center and they would only prescribe me 10 of these and told me I needed to seek medical advice in the civilian sector.  So I went to a local hospital, the doctor there took MRI's and X-Ray's and prescribed me with OxyContin, This is way more than I believe that I need to control my pain, the only problem now is that I can't get anything here.  I've looked into online purchasing and I'm scared of the scam.  At the hospital that I got this prescription, they couldn't even fill it.  If you have any suggestions, please help.

w_spencer_wells***@****
Did you ask the civvy docs for something less powerful than oxy?  Oxycontin may be a good choice for you in that it is a long-acting medication giving you close to 24/7 pain coverage.  However, if you take it for a month or so, you will have physical dependence on it, and since you're in a bad spot for medical care, that may cause more problems than it's worth.  

It appears your only option is to go back to the doctor and explain your dilemma and see what they can come up with.  
I too suffer from back pain and arthritis, I find the Fawzi Rehab Clinic Kuwait 2642862 helpful for the lower back pain and they can put you in touch with an accupuncturist which works for me.

If its an inflammatory matter Arcoxia works but the side effects can be a bit iffy.

Ray
I am heading to kuwait in two weeks , I have alot of back pain as well . What was the reason they wouldnt vend your prescription at the hospital ? What happened afterwards ?  Please respond !
Why are you people going to Kuwait with these back problems??? I know we all need $$$, but money isn't everything. I speak from experience. I've had 9 lower back surgeries while  making the "big bucks". Think about it.