Injury 7 days after appendectomy... consistent pain
I had an appendectomy about 10 days ago. I was recvoering fine until about 7 days after surgery, I tripped over a dog toy causing me to strain my stomach. When I fell I had a strong, sharp pain around my incision site that was gone as soon as it started, but it seems to have caused me to start my recovery over again.
I'm constantly uncomfortable (pain, bloating, mostly pressure) around the incision site as well as my other side...well all around my abdomen and I'm starting to get concerned.
Now it seems that if I do any sort of reaching (which I could do just fine a few days after my surgery) caused the same sharp pain I felt when I fell initially.
I have my 2 week appointment in 4 days, but I feel like something is wrong and will only get worse the longer I ignore it.
Am I over-exaggerating or is something really wrong. I'm genuinely scared, I don't tend to over-react about things, but this feels different
Hi!
No, you are not exaggerating. Since you tripped and feel, the incision too could have got stretched and since there is pain, there is always a chance of scar not closing in—called scar dehiscence. So, please do not strain yourself. Try for an earlier appointment.
Also, gas and constipation can cause pain in scar area. So watch what you eat.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.