Pain Management Community
Inner Leg Pain (lower)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Inner Leg Pain (lower)

Hello all,
Two weeks ago I hurt my leg playing soccer. The Doctor said I pulled my Tibialis Anterior, so I rested it and used crutches for a few days until the pain was gone. However, at the same time, I noticed some inner leg pain on the same leg (right leg). On the very side of my leg, between my ankle and the bottom of my calf (not the back of the leg, shins, or Achilles), I could feel pain when walking and occasional pain to the touch. My veins have always been very noticeable, and around the pain area I noticed two bumps on the vein, which my doctor said are probably just enlarged valves and nothing to worry about (plus I'm pretty sure they've been around for a few years). I ran today, though, and the pain came back in the same area. No stretches I've tried have been able to stretch this part of my leg, and it feels like it's either a muscle or maybe even a bone injury, but I'm not sure. I don't think it would be a stress fracture since I didn't really do anything to cause it. I've tried icing it but it's just pretty numb in the area (not due to the ice) and I'm not really sure what to do. Any advice or possible explanations as to what is causing the pain? Thanks.
Tags: lower, leg, Pain, vein, enlarged, muscle, bone
Sorry but I have no idea what the problem is.  Have you spoken to your doctor about this?   If not, you should do this.

Maybe someone will be on later or maybe tomorrow who will recognize it.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.