Pain Management Community
Intermittent pain in Legs, arms and neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have been having these intermittent sharp pains throughout my legs, arms and left side of my neck for a few weeks now. The sharp stabbing pains happen in my thighs, calfs, upper and lower arms or only on my left side of my neck.  I can't explian it.  

what made it worse is almost 2 weeks ago my back went out while gardening and I had to do ice packs for 4 days and couldn't move. Is this an affect of my back?  My anxiety level is high and I am worried about bloodclots or some vascular problem???

Any suggestions?
You could have very well hurt your neck also and did not realise it. As far as the back pain causing problems this is a very real possibility. The leg pain can signify a problem with your disc so it is very advisable to go and have some test done. I am also concerned that you could have a clot too as this will cause pain in the legs and thighs. Please go ahead and make an appointment to see your doctor or go to the ER.
Do not let this go on as I said you could have some medical issues that need attention right away.
My Mom in law was having pain in her legs and she let it go and she did have a small clot. Luckily it did no real harm but I always advise members to seek help just in case as blood clots are very serious.
may I ask your age. You can PM me if you would like.
There are many reasons for blood clots I will find a reputable site that will tell us each one and post it here.
Please keep us posted so we know how your doing.
Also you can ask any questions you need to and we are certainly here to support you anyway we can:)
What causes Blood Clots - Different Factors that You should be Aware of

Do you know that there are different factors that can cause the blood clots?

This knowledge in what causes blood clots is a great help in preventing or dealing with one. Make sure you are aware every one of them.
Blood clots are usually produced by the body in response to the occurrence of any injury to the blood vessels. These are semi-solid clumps of blood cells and fibrin strands whose main purpose is to stop the flow of bleeding. This usually starts the process of healing to the injured area. Without it, any person could bleed to death even with very small cuts.

However, what causes blood clots is not only injury to blood vessels. Oftentimes, unnecessary blood clots are produced as a result of other various medical conditions which some of them are not that serious while some can be life-threatening. If they become the causes of blood clots, it is greatly recommended to see a doctor.

Some of the medical conditions that can lead to the formation of blood clots are heart ailments and diseases, infections, cancer, autoimmune disorders (lupus or rheumatoid arthritis), bleeding disorders (hemophilia), inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease), history of varicose veins or other vascular diseases, pregnancy, high blood pressure (hypertension) and stroke.

Aside from these, blood clots can also come as a result of other factors. They include smoking, obesity (body mass index greater than 30), prolonged lack of exercise, use of contraceptive pills or patches, advanced age, genetic factors (inheriting a tendency to develop deep vein thrombosis), sitting or laying in one position for a prolonged period of time and having a mechanical heart valve.

Upon knowing what causes blood clots it can be greatly observed that it comes together with many kinds of serious ailments and diseases. Also it can be a result of heredity and an unhealthy lifestyle. Fortunately, this knowledge in what causes blood clots is a great help in preventing or dealing with one.

Dealing with blood clots is easy as long as you can keep your healthy lifestyle with the diet and exercise. In case you need more support for specific medical conditions resulted from blood clots, then you may want to do a therapy which use systemic enzymes supplement such as vitalzym or vitalzymx. However, there are some details that you need to know.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-causes-blood-clots-different-factors.html