Is this Legal and if it is not can I get some advice?
I was diagnosed a year ago, my mother had it. She went through the treatment and she believed it went dormant and I believe it eventually attributed to her suicide 3 years ago, I found her and was diagnosed with PTSD, I suffer from chronic depression as well as chronic back pain I was hit by a moving truck while walking as a kid. Now I am indigent and couch surfing. I have county health care and they do not cover treatment and pain killers that do not contain Tylenol. I know this is very bad for my liver but in pain I have no quality of life, there is a prior authorization to get and updated MRI as well as non formulary meds, but my doctors officer is not willing to work to save my life, also I am in South Florida and anyone aware of the epidemic down here would know they have now made it impossible to find narcotic pain meds. so I feel that between the doctor not doing their job the insurance not caring for the indigent and the pharmacies discriminating something very illegal is going on. I am not chasing a dragon. I am trying to live a normal life and they are all making it impossible to get decent health care, my docotrs office will not help except for writing my scripts for meds that amke me function and getting me out the door. Yes I can find another doctor and will after December cause this quack is not going to take my insurance anymore, but am fearful that the next doctor will not give me the medications I need with what seems like a triple diagnosis. I am applying for disability because the fatigue along with the mental issues I am unable to hold a job. I do not drink and only self medicate if I have to. Is this Illegal? Who can I contact? Does anyone know of anywhere I can reach out or have suggestions?? It would help a lot.....Palm Beach county
Ok a couple of things, what were you and your mom diagnosed with, you didn't mention it. Also, why aren't you seeing a therapist, you have state insurance and there are programs for people with mental issues. You really need to start there. Unfortunately, no one is going to give you pain meds with out a proper diagnosis. There are also many other pain meds that can be prescribed that don't contain narcotics so there are still options.There is nothing illegal about the medical system, even if its screwed up - especially for those that need it the most, but its up to you to keep trying to find a doctor or clinic who will give you an MRI. You can go to the hospital and they also have programs for people who can't pay. You are just going to have to do the leg work yourself. Don't give up hope, just keep trying, you will eventually find a doctor who cares. I wish you the best of luck.