Jammed finger swollen knuckles Now New Sprain on finger.
A Little over a month ago I jammed my middle finger . Mostly the knuckle on the hand hurt. It was really sore a few days but I could see it improving.  A bit over a month now and I bumped it causing much pain and the joint of the finger later turned a little purple and swelling.  What has been worrying me is that once I bumped it this second time, it instantly started clicking halfway to closing the finger. Like a band being plucked... it would hurt a little when this happens as well.
I made a splint and have been keeping it straight for almost three days now... I just took it off and slowly tried to bend it again.. there is still a little click of what feels like a band catching.    .....
I think it's time you see a dr. It's possible you need to see a special hand dr or you have a hairline fracture that was never healed correctly. Either way it sounds like a profession needs to take a look at it.