Pain Management Community
Kidney Stones

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Kidney Stones

I am a 37 year old man. I had Kidney stones in 2002 which was treated by the laser treatment. Again this year in 2010, I had the same problem and was again treated by the same method. The analysis of the stone was found to be due to calcium. My job demands that I remain fit all the time due to lack of medical help. I do drink about 2 liters of water per day some times accompanied with lemon.

Kindly let me know the diet I should be having, what food I should be avoiding and what I should eat, ( I love eating chicken, fish and goat meat)
Also I had read somewhere that there is a possibility of occurance of kidney stones after every 8 years ( which came out true in my case). In that case should I expect to get this extremely painful problem by 2018?

Please do reply as I would be getting my next assignment soon.

Thanks and Best Regards
Stone Man
Hi rahul,

First I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum only CP - Chronic Pain - Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm VERY sorry that you are having so many problems with your kidney stones. I imagine that they would be VERY painful!!!  

Here on MH - Med Help - we have a Forum that is devoted entirely to Kidney Disease and Disorders.  I think that they might be able to give you more complete answers when it comes to the diet you should be following. I think if you will re-post over there you will be able to get even MORE help.  There may be others that will be able to help you more than I have as I have never had kidney stones.

Here is the link to the Kidney Disease and Disorders Forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Kidney-Disease--Disorders/show/229

Of course, we would LOVE for you to be a member of this Forum ALSO. :)

We look forward to hearing an update as to how you are going

Best Wishes.........Sherry
Have you had your calcium levels checked? Sometimes a bad parathyroid gland will produce excessive calcium in the blood which in turn cannot be secreted through the kidney and therefore turns into very painful kidney stones.
Simple tests could help solve you problem.